Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Being charged BEFORE receiving phone.

I'm being billed already before i even got my new Blackberry Curve 3G. I ordered it on the 18th Feb, still haven't received it yet and i'm being charged for a service i have not yet received. Just tried to speak to someone on chat, an incompetent woman by the name of Emma and she's trying to palm me off to carphone warehouse which has completely nothing to do with my bill for 02. I am not pleased at all with this service and i am mostly certainly not paying for something i am not getting! So are there any competent 02 staff out there that can help me with my problem, perhaps credit me for the days I've been without service.
Anonymous

Re: Being charged BEFORE receiving phone.

I'm being billed already before i even got my new Blackberry Curve 3G. I ordered it on the 18th Feb, still haven't received it yet and i'm being charged for a service i have not yet received. Just tried to speak to someone on chat, an incompetent woman by the name of Emma and she's trying to palm me off to carphone warehouse which has completely nothing to do with my bill for 02. I am not pleased at all with this service and i am mostly certainly not paying for something i am not getting! So are there any competent 02 staff out there that can help me with my problem, perhaps credit me for the days I've been without service.

The 18th was Friday, you will get you phone on Monday, perhaps, which is quite normal.

It is accepted policy that these phones and SIM are sent out activated, ready for you to blast away the minute you receive it.
It is also commonplace for you to receive your bill within a day or so of the order being completed (despatched) and you need to pay your line rental in advance. You may well be owed a day or two in line rental, but we are only talking about a couple of quid and most of us don't complain about it.
If you really feel aggrieved at being treated the same way as the rest of the country, then call customer services and ask them to credit your account for the days you lose. If you are nice and can stop yourself ranting, they MIGHT just oblige you.

In the meantime, relax!!
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I love the signature! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

OK, well this is the first contract I've been on and i was unsure about the whole procedure. The women on chat wasn't very helpful at all and got me worried. I got just got an email saying "It's a standard industry practice to charge the line rental in advance.
Once you get the phone just let me know and I'll credit the charges for
the days you aren't using our service." So its nice to know someone was able to keep me informed about the whole thing. I only "ranted" because i was worried and in the dark about the whole thing. As many people like to know exactly what is happening when it comes to their own pocket. We are in a recession after all and i'm not rich so ye, i do worry about money etc.
Anonymous

Asking usually works better than ranting, I find. Smiley Wink glad it's sorted and your blood pressure is returning to normal.

She has me quite scared! Smiley Very Happy
I hope it's all ok for you now, lots of help here if you have any other problems.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Anonymous

OK, well this is the first contract I've been on and i was unsure about the whole procedure. The women on chat wasn't very helpful at all and got me worried. I got just got an email saying "It's a standard industry practice to charge the line rental in advance.
the days you aren't using our service." So its nice to know someone was able to keep me informed about the whole thing. I only "ranted" because i was worried and in the dark about the whole thing. As many people like to know exactly what is happening when it comes to their own pocket. We are in a recession after all and i'm not rich so ye, i do worry about money etc.

You thought you were speaking to O2 but unfortunately you just found us..... customers. Generally, that is all you will find in here and believe it or not, people regularly rant in here and we, time and time again, talk them off the ceiling.
Good luck with the Curve!
Anonymous

You thought you were speaking to O2 but unfortunately you just found us..... customers. Generally, that is all you will find in here and believe it or not, people regularly rant in here and we, time and time again, talk them off the ceiling.
Good luck with the Curve!

When people think they are talking to O2 they inadvertently reveal to the world the way they communicate. (What the poor people on the other end have to put up with)
Anonymous

She has me quite scared! Smiley Very Happy
I hope it's all ok for you now, lots of help here if you have any other problems.

Thanks, hopefully i get my nice new mobile tmoz. No i don't normally go off the rails unless i'm provoked. As does everyone. lol No need to be scared. I'm a timid thing really. Just that women who i spoke to on chat wasn't very nice at all to me. Was quite frankly rather rude to me. So please forgive my rather abrupt outburst but as you can gather i was quite angry at the time.

Only joking I hope it's all ok for you now, we try and lift the mood as people can get a bit stressed out with phones.
I can remember having to walk for an hour through North London just to see if my girlfriend was at home, such luxuries were a distant dream.