Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Being charged £12 for a call I didn't make

Hi,
O2 is charging me for a phone call I didn't make to an 800 number. I've checked my history and no such call exists. They say I was on the phone for an hour at 10 in the morning when I would've been at work.
My husband has contacted them about it and been told they won't refund it by someone who can barely speak English. But I think it's unfair to charge me such a large amount for a call I didn't make, and I'm very concerned that some sort of fraud is being committed (not by O2 but by a third party that has somehow used my number).
My husband is really frustrated at being on the phone with them for an hour and not accomplishing anything and also being on the webchat with them for an hour again and not accomplishing anything (not to mention that the representative was having trouble using clear and correct English).
Is there a quicker way to speak to someone who can actually do something to help? Or should I start looking to switch to a new provider?
Thanks for any help you can offer,
Michelle
Anonymous

Re: Being charged £12 for a call I didn't make

I've been charged £32 for a call I didn't make!!!! Glad someone else is going through the same thing - apparently I made a 4 hour phone call at 3 in the morning! Absolutely ridiculous.
Anonymous

That is really ridiculous. Did you ever get it resolved?
Anonymous

If you didn't make the call then request for a network investigation to be carried out, if the call didn't come from the sim card then it will be cancelled. If it did then there is nothing that can be done because the call will have defiantly been made even if it wasn't made with your knowing.
Anonymous

I agree with Wanty, if an investigation shows that the calls were made via your sim card then you will have to pay for the call - this is one of the complaints phone companies hear the most, and they can easily check to see whether your sim card was used to make that call, whether or not you or someone who had your phone knowingly made that call.
Anonymous

Ring the number and see what it is?
Sometimes I forget I made the call and if its a 0800 number proll be a business utility company I would of called and I would go to myself oh yeah I remember now.
Anonymous

Thanks I'll ask for an investigation and see what happens.
Anonymous

Hi dentonyea
Can you PM me your mobile number please? I'll have a quick look.
Thanks
Chris
Anonymous

Just to update on this..
Chris@O2 has helped me identify who the call was to (it was a work conference call).
He also gave me all the info I need on how to know if I'll be charged for a call (wish someone would have told me that when I first came to the country).
But I would love if O2 made it easier for customers to allow their spouses/family members to be on the account as well - as a newcomer to the country I had no UK credit with which to get a contract, and now in order to keep my mobile number, my husband must always be the named person on the account.
And I'm sure this sort of thing is a common problem, so it would be great if O2 came up with a better way to solve this sort of thing than having us make a fuss on the forum (this thread has got some google rank).
All in all, glad it got sorted. Thanks to O2 for having people respond on the forum. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

So the call was made after all?