cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being Charged for a contract I canceled

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an excisting contract with O2 which is due to end at the end of this month but about 2 weeks ago I set up a new contract on O2 along with a new phone at Mobiles.co.uk but then found out someone was getting me a new phone for Christmas so I rang up and canceled. They were fine with this. I sent the phone back and they told me to keep the Sim card and cut it up. I then recieved a email a couple of days later from O2 saying they were charging me my first bill... I ignored it because I thought things take a few days to process the cancelation. But it wasnt until I checked my email today that I noticed O2 are still going to charge me. There were 2 emails one for my excisting contract and one for the one I have canceled. I dont know the number of this contract as I have never used the sim and have cut it up like I was asked! What can I do? Do I blame Mobiles.co.uk or O2?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok. Appears mobiles.co.uk may not have passed on the message or there's a delay.

I think the best course of action for you at the moment would be to phone CS and giving them your details(name,address) explain that you have cancelled the contract through the middle man.

They may require authentication from mobiles.co.uk in which case you'll have to give them another call and get a reference number.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Who did you ring up to cancel?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mobiles.co.uk They said it would all be canceled and to cut up sim. So I dont even know the number. O2 have contacted my email with the bill but that doesnt have the number in it either.

Message 3 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Ok. Appears mobiles.co.uk may not have passed on the message or there's a delay.

I think the best course of action for you at the moment would be to phone CS and giving them your details(name,address) explain that you have cancelled the contract through the middle man.

They may require authentication from mobiles.co.uk in which case you'll have to give them another call and get a reference number.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I will do slight_smile

Thank you for your help.

I hope this is resolved quickly. Its unfair to charge me roughly £40 for something I havent even got or used! 😞

Message 5 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No worries.

No I completely understand why pay for nothing:)

Let us know how you get on.
Message 6 of 7

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I wonder mobiles.co.uk has actually informed O2 yet or weather their waiting for their commission to clear:(
Message 7 of 7