Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning to regret switching to O2 - PAC codes

DominicY
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am switching to O2 from Vodafone and now I am signed up, it seems almost impossible to contact them by phone or online chat. Which is deeply irritating.

It also means I don’t know how to initiate y number transfer. I entered the PAC code during the signup process but have received no notifications that the transfer is happening. Does anyone know how its supposed to work? Or how I can check?

Thanks

Dominic
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@DominicY 

All numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

DominicY
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks!
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

DominicY
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Still haven't managed to speak to anyone. Still no action on number transfer. I think I'm still in my 14 day cooling off period. I think this complete shutdown of customer services is pretty unjustified. If anyone from O2 reads this forum please help me

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@DominicY 

Keep trying....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

DominicY
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got the supremely unhelpful email below from "BluePrism@O2.com". It seems the number port has failed. Now have been in a customer services phone queue for 1h41m and counting. Since I have two numbers on the account, I don't even know which this refers to.

This is how O2 on-board new customers. It's woeful.

Dominic

Subject: Port In/Migrate - Request

*** THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE ***

The request could not be completed, the following reason is given for the rejection:

Validation Exception: Sorry, the information provided for our security checks is incorrect. Please check and resubmit your request.

Message 7 of 7