cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Begging

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hiya,
I know this sounds stupid but has anyone ever rang O2 and begged for a discount? Has it worked? How much discount? And are there any specific departments I should try to get to?
Thanksss.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

only by speaking to retentions when trying to upgrade at end of contract .

Or just look at the independants offering discounts on o2 tariffs

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

No, I never begged for a discount. Sometimes when your contract is about to end and you say that you want to leave, you might get a better deal or you might not.

Shopping around can help find a cheaper deal. CPW or phones4u offer cheaper deals but that does not mean that cheaper will be better in the long run for you.

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found in certain instances that 'haggling' works better in-store.

Edit ; If the store is not reaching its new contract/upgrade target/margin they will work harder to not let you leave without signing on the dotted line.

One of my friends recently upgraded and walked out with a good trade in for his iPhone 5, free bluetooth speakers, and any case of his choice.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
My experience is that o2 go in fits n starts. If they are doing well and taking on lots of new customers and are ahead of their internal targets then deals are few and far between.

However if they have been losing customers due to competitive pressure then they have been known to offer deals.

The general view appears that o2 are less likely to deal, and where they do the deals are less dramatic, than competitors. Hence why existing customers get the same deals as new ones. Some years ago that was why I left o2 for Vodafone. However I have since returned via a deal with cpw.

If o2 are in dealing mode you will need to speak to retentions who have more power than customer services.

God luck
Message 5 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@piperdog123

the official telefonica results show o2 is actually growing customer numbers  so i doubt many offers at present

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you have to beg for a discount, is it really worth it? Shopping around would seem to me to be a much more dignified option. If you found something better elsewhere, you might be able to go back to O2 and bargain, but begging? I don't think so.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi adamtemp64

I agree but I didn't want to put the OP off from giving it a go.

Some companies "deal" much more than others. Vodafone and Sky spring to mind. Whereas others won't budge like Tescomobile for example.

Prior to signing up via cpw I did approach o2 directly and the response was website deals only. No other bargaining. That was back in June.

Separately I am away at the moment and having had 4g added to my account I had my first experience of 4g today. Tis VERY GOOD isn't it 🙂
Message 8 of 8