cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been charged for calls when there wasn't even phone service

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to phone a holiday company at 9am this morning on my way to work and I was on the phone for 2 minutes or so when it cut out. I tried to ring them back but it kept coming up as call dropped. I haven't been able to ring anyone until after 5pm tonight. I havent been able to send text messages or recieve calls or texts either. My internet was still working so I went online and reported the problem to o2. I have just recieved a text message saying I have gone over my bill by £45 this month. I checked online and I have been charged for over 7 hours worth of calls to the holiday company when I wasnt even on the phone. Has this happened to anyone else and did you get your money back. I'm fuming as I never ever go over my minutes and am not at fault at all.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

You do need to speak to customer services. Landline number here 0344 8090202 (contract ) Live chat are not the best service to use if it's an account issue...

If customer services aren't helping you... then you need to complain..http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

You do need to speak to customer services. Landline number here 0344 8090202 (contract ) Live chat are not the best service to use if it's an account issue...

If customer services aren't helping you... then you need to complain..http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144672 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I assume you reported the issue to live chat?
If so, there should be a record so CS should sort it out for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Quite a few people seem to be having this problem of calls not disconnecting recently. It's definitely a network issue so call them on 202 and they should be sympathetic.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used live chat today as I got cut off from customer services. Apparently someone will be in contact within 5 days to tell me what the outcome is. In the meantime I can't make any calls as they will take me over my limit and charge me. I'm not impressed with o2 at all.

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have used live chat today as I got cut off from customer services. Apparently someone will be in contact within 5 days to tell me what the outcome is. In the meantime I can't make any calls as they will take me over my limit and charge me. I'm not impressed with o2 at all.

Honestly I would ring them again to sort this. No point waiting for 5 days only to find no-one rings you at all. O2 are notorious for not returning calls

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 144672 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
I agree - try calling 202 again. 8 - 8.30 am is the best time to call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8