cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bartering and 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

As anyone had any experience regarding bartering with 02?

Basically my device plan ends in a month, so I could pay this early or just let it end naturally, but I have already bought a second-hand iphone 6s plus, so would only need a Sim plan.

I would only need 500 meg a month, so as I type this as I want to stay with the 02 network the best bet from looking around is Tesco mobile who offer a 12 monthly for £7.50 for 1 gig or giffgaff if I don't want to commit to a contract for £7.50 for 500 meg. 02 have nothing to compare on their website with only a 12 monthly for 500 meg at £10!

So basically assuming I ring up and end up getting through to retention, would they even bother with my minuscule amount. If the likelihood is they won't then I may as well get on with either, sign up and request the PAC! All I know is I have no intention of continuing paying the price plan I am on at the moment of £13.32 for 500 meg when the device plan is paid up or ended!

Just wondered if anyone else had any experience of this.

Cheers

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous In my opinion...if you don't ask you don't get. I don't think you will get anything as O2 have people who will accept whats on offer. Give retentions a call....see what they are prepared to offer.

Others have had a small bonus when they request it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
To give you an idea, I got £2 a month off a similar tariff for 12 months.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous In my opinion...if you don't ask you don't get. I don't think you will get anything as O2 have people who will accept whats on offer. Give retentions a call....see what they are prepared to offer.

Others have had a small bonus when they request it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous In case you aren't aware, both Tesco and GiffGaff run on the O2 network.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4