cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred

Anonymous
Not applicable

New business and new contract phone and today i receive a text from O2. We have barred your phone. If you did not request this please call this number? Oh yeah great with no access to 4G or phone cos you have bloody barred it.............why ????? and whyyy would i reuest this?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you call from a landline or a friends phone?

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Anonymous you are not talking to o2 here I'm afraid so you will need to contact customer services from another phone or call in to any o2 shop for help.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have eventually managed to speak on chat. I have a sim only contract yet my phone has been barred as I have bought myself a new phone. Very very confused. Will call them tomorrow and try and sort. Thanks 😩
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you up to date with payments as that maybe the issue

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I'm not sure they have any right to bar the phone if they didn't supply it as part of the contract.
You may be needing the complaints link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Paul_Watts
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You usually can get this message if someone has reported your phone lost or stolen.
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Seems likely that someone tried to bar a different phone and typed the IMEI into the computer incorrectly.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'd be checking and changing all passwords on banking as I'm sure getting your mobile phone barred was the pre-cursor to your bank account being targeted by fraudsters in a recent scam type thing...

Definitely do some further digging this morning!
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It could be a genuine error (shouldn't happen but it does unfortunately) but as advised, only customer service can resolve this. Call rather than use live chat, sadly there is no alternative. But as advised, do change passwords etc and keep checking your account.  

Message 10 of 11