cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred iphone

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi just wondering if O2 Barred my fone it says no service all the time I've not paid my bill as I've got in to some difficulty so was wondering if I made a payment plan would they in Barr my fone so I could use payg in it till I'm up to date
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will have to contact CS to discuss payment and reconnection.
Use the landline numbers on link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I very much doubt it - in the very least you'll need to pay the balance and possibly a reconnection fee.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will have to contact CS to discuss payment and reconnection.
Use the landline numbers on link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was using a payg sim in it till it went off yesterday I'm gutted as I live away from my kids and can't get in touch hope they can help me
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you pay your bill they will reconnect you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
If using a payg sim, then what bill are u talking about?

Do u mean you've taken your contract sim out of your iPhone and put in a payg sim. And not paid your contract bill?

I don't know if O2 bar phones for non payment of your bill, but they definitely bar sims (which u probably found out, right?)....!

It's a bit of a silly thing to do though, why haven't u spoken to a cs agent and explained your problem. At least you'd know where u stand and wouldn't be left guessing.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
They bar the sim as they haven't paid the bill but only bar outgoing calls, you can still receive calls
Message 7 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Not if they haven't paid for a while.
I suspect the op got call out bar, then decided to pop a payg sim in so they could still make calls, didn't pay the outstanding amount and O2 have now gone full disconnect and blocked the contract and handset for non payment of a device purchased on credit.
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As the phone was being used on P&G O2 would suspect the phone has been sold or lost so barring the handset too. Expect a bill for full payment of the contract and phone. It's in your best interests to call them ASAP. 

Message 9 of 9