cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balance read out before each call

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before each call I place, a lady says "This is a free call, your balance is low".

The live chat with O2 was extremely unuseful and I intend taking this issue further. I have a 4G Pay & Go Go Go sim card and have to top up by £15 each month for minutes, texts and data. Which is good and what I wanted. But I keep being pestered about my balance, since the £15 gets taken for the tariff and my balance is of course £0. According to the wonderful team at O2, I have to top up £16 instead of £15 JUST SO THAT I WON'T HEAR THE MESSAGE!

I refuse to do this out of principle, I signed up for a £15 tariff thing and there was no mention of this and it really annoys me how O2 say this is standard. Why on earth would I want to put extra money towards my balance when I clearly do have the minutes, texts and data. I'm certain this is false advertising and classed as hidden charges. If I don't want to hear robot woman every time before a call, I should have the option to turn it off, but since it's "standard", it can't be turned off???

Absolutely disgusted, and if this does not get sorted I shall be going back to Vodafone.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Simply call 4445 and ask them to turn off your balance alerts !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, and not impressed with a charge of £0.15 for a call to my voicemail box either!
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, we are customers here the same as you. At the bottom of every page are the numbers to call to disk to customer services.

We all know that live chat are useless script following sheep so we as customers never recommend them.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Disk= speak
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Simply call 4445 and ask them to turn off your balance alerts !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
^^^ As above, you can get them switched off through customer service. The call is free of charge as you're on the Go Go plan.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Every day for the last 5 days I have called 4445 to try to get the "FREE CALL - YOUR BALANCE IS LOW" message removed.  Each time I am told it has been fixed and will be OK in 24 hours. And 24 hours later the message "FREE CALL - YOUR BALANCE IS LOW" is still there....

Not impressed. What is wrong with their processes..?

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 147156 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28297 Solutions
Not sure as we are all customers like yourself and do not have access to your account or O2 systems.
I'm afraid you'll have to keep trying....
Message 8 of 8