cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad signal - end contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I'm not impressed with the service I receive from you guys at all. I get hardly any signal what so ever at home, I've tried resetting my network settings and turning 3G off and I still get nothing to make a call on. 

I complained, and your agent said there was nothing you would do because only I have noted that I have real bad signal issues which is crap. I complained again, and I got told I would have £50 credit to my account and this issue would be looked into but I have still heard nothing back. 

I then said well what will happen if I wanted to end the contract due to you not offering me a service yet your coverage checker states I should have great signal where I am but I literally get nothing (yes I know this is a rough guess on what I should receive, but saying I should get full service is one thing, and getting absolutely nothing is another). You wanted £760 off me to end my contract on terms that you can't provide me the service you say you can and I disagreed to make this payment as I find this a bit unfair.

I then said minus the service fee I pay each month (£36) how much would it cost then for the handset, their response was that they cannot just sell me the handset, I would have to still buy out my contract. 

I'm probably going to sound silly but in fairness considering the awful service I receive and the lack of customer care I receive I would like my contract ended without a service fee AND still be able to keep my number. 

I was then issued my PAC code in a reply, nothing else, no comments. Does this mean I can exit the contract, keep my number, and not have to pay a termination fee? 

Someone please explain. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Maybe you should call O2 again and point that out to them.

O2 do not guarantee that you will get a good signal indoors. No network will. Was your phone supplied by O2? Is it the same as your partner's?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Not unless you have been explicitly told you can end without a fee. Once you use the PAC it will end your contract and you will get a final bill which will be around the £760 you have been quoted. Are you sure its not a sim or handset issue you have, as no one else is reporting problems in your area?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

1 We are all customers here

2 if you use the pac you will get a final bill based on tariff months left.

3 you had 7 working days to get out of the contract free of charge if you noticed the signal was not good enough where you are.

Only by talking with o2 directly will the issue be resolved

What is shown on the status checker http://status.o2.co.uk

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
My sim is fine and my handset is fine, I know this because if I venture off somewhere else in Shrewsbury I get a full 3G signal. My partner is with O2 and he has the same issue yet he gets offered the free exit clause for the exact same issue yet I still get told to pay full termination? I think it's pretty unfair tbh.
Message 4 of 13

Bambino
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Maybe you should call O2 again and point that out to them.

O2 do not guarantee that you will get a good signal indoors. No network will. Was your phone supplied by O2? Is it the same as your partner's?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hasn't their been a couple of court hearings where a contract term has been quashed by the judge due to the similar issues the op is having ?

Rare yes.

Depends how resolute one is.
Message 6 of 13

Bambino
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hasn't their been a couple of court hearings where a contract term has been quashed by the judge due to the similar issues the op is having ?

Rare yes.

Depends how resolute one is.

It's very possible that there have been contracts terminated because of this, but the OP is saying that the problem is specific to his home, and that his signal is fine elsewhere. I'm not certain he has much of a case to ask to cancel his contract because of that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try sticking to 2g only, have you tried turning airplane mode on & off as that usually resets the signal & gets it working 

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just cancelled my contract due to the same issues as yourself. My phone states not registered on network when I'm home.

i only took the contract out yesterday nut I am webbing told to wait until Monday before they will confirm the cancellation.

Message 9 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You are entitled to as you are within your 7 days cooling off period. Outside of 7 days you will have more of a problem getting the contract cancelled.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13