cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad indoor signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I renewed my contract on o2 due to good deals, then bought a old house......the signal is poor in the house, soon as i go out side i have 4g, even switching the settings to 2g. Ive rang o2 for help, they put me towards the tugo app....which i can only describe as terrible, it hangs up my calls constantly....dosent let me answer via my screen, and call qualitly is awful through my wifi connection. I use my phone for my business as im self employed, and having this when talking to customers is terrible. o2 simply said nothing they can do. There is a signal booster that a few of my friends have got as they are on business contracts 

http://static.o2.co.uk/www/docs/business/boostbox_qsg_guide_standard_v4_lr.pdf

but due to me not being a business customer they have refused to even acknowlage this exists 😞 i need alternatives asap or some way i can boost my signal in the house. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

To buy a genuine O2 boost-box (made by Alcatel-Lucent) will cost £150 from eBay which is the same price O2 charge to business customers.

Weigh that up against the cost of paying off your contract.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
This has come up before unfortunately the boost box you refer to is only as you say available to business customers no one knows why O2 choose to turn away money like this but they do they only offer tugo if that's not working for you there is no way to boost the signal 😞
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

My son lives in an old house also. They bought a boost box from Amazon which had a 5 star rating. Sadly it did nothing for them and it was returned to Amazon as not fit for purpose. slight_frown

They have ordered another one but until it arrives they have yet to see if there is any improvement....

Edit. They are both O2 customers but not for business

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to be careful as a lot of boosters are illegal to use hence the fact they don't work
Message 4 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Yes we weren't sure about that (until ordered) then advice from MI5 put them right...

I am betting the new one still wont work..Hey ho LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

ive seen alot about boosters and femtocells......this is seriously affecting buiness but leaving my number is even more of a pain 😕 how can a booster given by o2 is legal...ne you buy is illeagal...makes no sence 😕

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Because the ones from O2 are approved by ofcom ones you buy aren't it's annoying and will cost but you may be better of porting your number to a different network one that you know works obviously you can test them out with pay as you go sims
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

so literally dont have anyway of improving signal? looks like getting rid of 02 is happening 😕

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
No currently unless on a business plan and can get a boost box there is no way to boost signal they offer Tugo but it doesn't work for many
Message 9 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

To buy a genuine O2 boost-box (made by Alcatel-Lucent) will cost £150 from eBay which is the same price O2 charge to business customers.

Weigh that up against the cost of paying off your contract.

Message 10 of 19