Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad 4G on O2

Joshua7330
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m a new customer to O2 coming from three and they never mentioned how horrendous the 4G speed actually is it struggles to load google.com ! I seen couple forms about this issue suggesting we use 3G instead but my issue is I have a iPhone 14 Pro Max in the settings the lowest it’ll allow is 4G is there any way I can force it to connect to 3G?

With the big talk of 5G nowadays I can’t believe I’ll have to use 3G again because of O2s poor investment in bandwidth I quite regret leaving three…

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7914 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

It varies from place to place. Here O2 is better than Three, but yes, their 4G lacks bandwidth in many places

What does https://status.o2.co.uk/ give you.

General rule: Don't move networks until you have checked things out with PAYG SIM cards.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

japitts
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 214 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@Joshua7330 wrote:

I’m a new customer to O2 coming from three and they never mentioned how horrendous the 4G speed actually is it struggles to load google.com !

Did you test O2's coverage before choosing them as your current provider? Testing using a PAYG SIM is widely recommended advice.

Message 3 of 3