cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLOCKED PHONE BECAUSE I MADE MORE CALLS AFTER MY FATHER-IN-LAW DIED!!!!!

Desperate2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My father-in-law died two days ago and I have been calling his daughter, my sister-in-law, who lives in Australia. Because of this my bill is significantly higher this month. However, rather than just asking me why, O2 have blocked all calls and texts! I can't even receive calls and I am waiting for a call from the coroner!!!!

Please can someone on here help me? I desperately need this issue resolved immediately.

I am trying to reach them through all the usual channels but this is proving impossible and the online chat service is down.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35224 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Condolences on your loss, @Desperate2.

You need to call O2.

All numbers are in this guide

You can use Skype from your PC to call the free numbers if you have no phone available

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Advice from an O2 Guru regarding a way to get through:

When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling,

Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.

Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options

Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to an advisor.

Press Upgrade, Lost/Stolen or Fraud if you have to.

8.15am is the best time to call

Message 2 of 5

Desperate2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks, Pgn, it is much appreciated.

In the end I just paid the ransom money and it seems to have worked. This has shown me however just how bloodthirsty and ruthless this company is. I'm not under any illusion that O2 are alone in this behaviour, but this specific action from O2 means I will be ending my several years worth of association with them as soon as I've sorted out all the funeral arrangements and I have some time.

Ironically, their demand for the money immediately will end up being one of the last payments I ever make to this blood-sucking company.

Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Sorry for your loss @Desperate2, but as you have said, you'd probably have gotten the same reaction from the other networks too.

If you do decide to change providers and want to keep your number, follow this guide: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community Also make sure you get as good or better coverage with whoever you switch to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

Desperate2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, Bambino.
Message 5 of 5