Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

BBM ABROAD

i need my bbm to work abroad, is there any way i can do this without a huge charge?
i have just bought the blackberry bolt on, will this cover me?
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: BBM ABROAD

No. When you are abroad you are subject to the foreign network charges which form part of the overall charge. Though with a BB, the data usage on BBM is small due to compression so unless you continually get large emails, its not going to be a big charge for data. If you don't want email, just delete the accounts and set them up on your return.
However, you can disable data roaming and use wifi networks (if free).
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
See this post surely this also covers use of BBM as well:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=67945
or here:
Link: http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN ... n=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=11456
Highlighted
Anonymous

There is a limit of 10MB a day to use with blackberry services. If you do go over this you won't start to be charged for any extra usage, blackberry will just blacklist the services. If this happens you will need to call up O2 customer services when you get back so they can remove it, but you will then need to re-purchase the BB Bolt on.
If you are almost over the limit while you are abroad, you will receive a text message letting you know that you have almost used the 10MB.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I was in Portugal a few days ago so I decided to check something out re BBM and data abroad.
I firstly connected to the villa's WiFi connection. After which, I turned my data ON but I kept 'while roaming' option switched OFF. The BB symbol would periodically appear on my screen. When it did so, I was able to use BBM, Facebook, etc.
However, it was sporadic. Sometimes, despite having the WiFi switched on, the symbol didn't always show and BBM, Facebook, etc wouldn't work.
I'm on P&G and for the few times I was able to access BBM, I was not charged anything from my credit.