Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Re: BBC Sport Website Issue

As I said, its not the storage memory that's full its the RAM. You can't add either, you can only do two things:
Clear the RAM by turning the phone off and on, or free up some RAM by changing to one of the standard themes, having plain wallpaper etc

Tried that and it didn't help.

Or use a browser that compresses pages like Opera Mini or Nokia's Ovi browser.

Downloaded Opera Mini 4 as that is the version for the Nokia 2630.
Page now loads, is it normal that the first time you are connecting with this browser that you always get a warning about Network Access and also that the application is not trusted?
Do I need to install a security certificate and if so which one as there are quite a few on the phone to choose from, or is that nothing to do with this.
I really want to know that when I am using Opera Mini that it's secure!
I downloaded Opera Mini 4 using my Nokia, how do I tell if it is not a fake application?
Anonymous

If you download it direct from Opera, I posted how to do it earlier, you can get the signed version. Then when its downloaded give it permission to access the net. (When its highlighted in applications, press Options and then Application Access)
Anonymous

If you download it direct from Opera, I posted how to do it earlier, you can get the signed version. Then when its downloaded give it permission to access the net. (When its highlighted in applications, press Options and then Application Access)

I deleted the version I had and downloaded from the site you gave me, this was done by the mobile default browser.
I then searched the site for more options, and it had a link for certificates, so I picked one, and it seemed to want to download the application again, so I assume this was downloading the signed version?
When I go to options it now says ASA Certificate:Yes
Organisation: Opera Software ASA
Country Code:No
So would you say this looks normal now?
Anonymous

It would have been better to have followed the instructions on the site to try the dual signed version first. But one of the single signed should be ok.
Don't forget to do the other step in my instructions.
Anonymous

Please show me step by step as to how to download this dual signed version that you have just mentioned. The auto detect did not work. Are you saying I should download the app first then the jar and jud and are these 2 files what you refer to as the dual signed?
Anonymous

No, its easier than it seems. When you are lookingat the list you describe above, you are supposed to try them in order (rather than pick one at random). In your case the very first one on the list is the one you want (dual signed). Download and Install this.
Follow the instructions I gave earlier to give Opera Mini permission to access the net. That way the phone wont be asking your permission every time you run Opera Mini.
Anonymous

No, its easier than it seems. When you are lookingat the list you describe above, you are supposed to try them in order (rather than pick one at random). In your case the very first one on the list is the one you want (dual signed). Download and Install this.
Follow the instructions I gave earlier to give Opera Mini permission to access the net. That way the phone wont be asking your permission every time you run Opera Mini.

I don't have a problem with the instruction re the permissions, I just can't see anywhere that mentions DUAL SIGNED.
If I look into this on the computer I see this link below, 2 questions, which one of these do I click on, and do you click on these before the application is installed on the phone? http://www.operamini.com/mobile/download/versions/
When I looked at this on the phone there is a link for Download Opera Mini 4.3, and another for more download options, then when I click on that I see options for Opera Mini 4.3, select code signing certificate, I then click on that, and I get Auto detection of code signing cert failedselect one below, ALL CERTIFICATES, NO CERTIFICATES, THAWTE, and VERISIGN.
So do I need to click on any of these?
Are you able to provide this link you are talking about for the 4.3 and the dual signed cert?
It has Software ASA, and Certificate YES, Country Code NO, so is that the dual signed?
Anonymous

Don't use your PC. That's incredibly complicatext.
You are already on the right list, and as I said you need to click the top option.
I'm afraid I may have assumed too much knowledge on your part. I apologise, I'll explain how phones know how much trust to put in a java app.
A software company can buy a certificate to sign the software with their unique digital identity. The security module in the phone can do some maths using the its own certificate and the apps certificate to check it is genuine and trusted.
If it is trusted then you can set the phone not to ask for permission when the app accesses the net. There are also separate permissions for other things like accessing the camera sending messages etc. (This is where the Options>Application Access comes in)
Now, two of the organisations which offer certificates are Thwate and Verisign. Opera Mini is available without a certificate, with either certificate or with both certificates. When an app is signed with two certificates it is called dual signed.
So you want, All Certificates = Dual Signed = Thwate + Verisign
Don't forget to give the app permission once you have downloaded it and before you run it. ith both certificates. When an app is signed with two certificates it is called dual signed.
Don't forget to give the app permission once you have downloaded it and before you run it.
Anonymous

Using opera mini 3 low memory version, is there a signed cert version?
Anonymous

Don't use your PC. That's incredibly complicatext.
You are already on the right list, and as I said you need to click the top option.
I'm afraid I may have assumed too much knowledge on your part. I apologise, I'll explain how phones know how much trust to put in a java app.
A software company can buy a certificate to sign the software with their unique digital identity. The security module in the phone can do some maths using the its own certificate and the apps certificate to check it is genuine and trusted.
If it is trusted then you can set the phone not to ask for permission when the app accesses the net. There are also separate permissions for other things like accessing the camera sending messages etc. (This is where the Options>Application Access comes in)
Now, two of the organisations which offer certificates are Thwate and Verisign. Opera Mini is available without a certificate, with either certificate or with both certificates. When an app is signed with two certificates it is called dual signed.
Don't forget to give the app permission once you have downloaded it and before you run it. ith both certificates. When an app is signed with two certificates it is called dual signed.
Don't forget to give the app permission once you have downloaded it and before you run it.

Using Opera Mini 3