cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful awful coverage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I have tried reporting a coverage issue with my area several times but it is still just as bad as it always was. The O2 coverage checker shows my whole area as 4 bars 3G, but I'm lucky to get 2 bars 2G. I have been with O2 for over two years and have reported this several times. It's infuriating. Now with EE rolling out 4G I'm still stuck with lousy LOUSY coverage. 😞

Please look at IV30 4BF and IV30 4EP. The whole area shows excellent 3G but it isn't (and never has been) any more than poor-to-average 2G.

It is the same with various handsets, with other O2 customers and is not an occasional thing. Please actually come and check it out IN PERSON. The map is wrong.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunately the coverage checker can only give estimates and show how good the coverage is in the "optimal area"

Do you know where you are in relation to the cell tower?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply...

I live on the top of a hill with, almost, direct line of sight to the mast a couple of miles away. I can't see any geographic reason why the coverage is so bad.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144068 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Radio waves don't bend very well. If they hit a hill (mountain or similar) they will bounce back....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh joy. 😞

Message 5 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144068 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
At least TuGo is coming soon slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming you checked out all the networks and their coverage where you reside and work before commiting to 02's services. 

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yip. I've been with all networks over the years too. The O2 cust' services is much much better. Just wish the 3G was improved. 😕
Message 8 of 8