cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know the reason why we cannot pay by automated message anymore? Or know a number that is?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The OP clearly wanted to make an automated payment. Direct debit was never asked about and the relevant info was already given. Must be that time of month again.

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

The OP clearly wanted to make an automated payment. Direct debit was never asked about and the relevant info was already given. Must be that time of month again.

Good Morning jonsie

Not sure what your meaning regarding " must be that time of month again" ?

When I myself have provided the alternate methods of payments in regards to bill payments in past threads the typical following advice given by other regular members after that info is to point out that the Direct Debit route should be the one taken as per o2's own T&C. I feel it warranted to again point to that part of o2's Terms and Conditions like other members have done. 

I hope that clarifies my post. 😄

Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I thought we had been advised by Community management to provide relevant information only?

Had the OP asked 'How can I pay my bill?',  then it would have been appropriate to show other methods.

They did not ask that question.

They clearly wished to pay via the automated method and asked if it was working and what were the numbers...

I provided the information required. I even tested 2729 on my own mobile when MI5 asked if it was working.

It worked perfectly and took me direct to the automated line.

I did not feel any other additional information was required

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is an example to clarify why I posted what I did.

The Op of this thread wanted info only on paying online.
The initial replies answered the Op's question and was marked as solved. After that the mention of Direct Debit was raised -> http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/payment-online/m-p/698929/highlight/true#M46910
Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

That thread in your link was posted in July...before we were advised to give relevant info only.

In this thread, I could have posted the whole array of payment methods as you did in the thread you highlighted. I chose not to... as the OP had specifically asked about automated payment ONLY...

I wont be replying again. The thread has gone off topic and away from what was an easy issue to resolve. Initially....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16