Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Auto Top-Up Problem

Well its month two and we have had major issues with this, so seems like teething problems!
My wife has a PAYG and we thought this would be an excellent idea.
So we set it up for 25th of each month. Went through fine last month.
Today, she gets a text 9am to say her monthly tarrif is up and she needs to top-up. So has no text or data roming allowance until the auto top-up kicks in later in the day.
The problem arises as the month expires at midnigt at the start of the day not at the end of the day, yes the auto top-up happens in the afternoon, so there is a period in between.
O2 support have helped us by making the aniversary date now the 26th, so the a/t will always be a day before the aniversary date so there will be no down time.
Anoying though, and would not be an issue if the moth period expired at the end of the day, not the begining!
John
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Auto Top-Up Problem

I'm rather OCD about who has access to my bank account.
A mobile phone network is certainly one I wouldn't.
I find it easier and more secure to use the top up card thats despatched along with a sim card.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Whether you use Auto top up or you top up normally, you are supposed to top up BEFORE your anniversary date. Not on your anniversary date.
Check the explanation of anniversary dates on the O2 website or log in to My O2 to see (where it says top up by...)
Highlighted
Anonymous

The aniversary date was created by the monthly a/t., and should therefore be rolling thereafter.
On my second phone call today to o2, it appears thee payment system is down and has been since the 21st.
They fully concur it is there error and as I type at 17:12, still no a/t has happened and the balance dropped due to use of the phone.
O2 have compensated accordingly and lets hope payments get sorted soon.
John
Highlighted
Anonymous

I set up my Auto topup 2 months ago. It failed! I was informed it was because I had failed to say whether I wanted a 'minimum',or 'regular' update. I informed my online rep that I had to choose one or the other at the beginning before I could start setting it up.
I was asked to set it up again. This cancelled the first one and I was informed that my new 'auto' was set up correctly. This was on the afternoon of the 15th July. This morning I was informed that my text/web allowance has run out and I need to top up. ARGH!!!!
How can O2 launch a system that is so flawed? Well, I'm certainly not wasting more time on it; it took 2 hours before!
Come on O2, there are other providers out there you know!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh dear !
Like I've said earlier I'm rather picky who has access to my bank account.
A network is certainly one who I wouldn't allow access !
I prefer using the paypoint top up card method.
Clean simple and no access to my bank funds.
There are so many paypoints now it's no inconvenience to me.