cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrival of letter informing of new tariff charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received a letter from O2 informing me of an increase to my monthly tariff from Feb 2013. I am on a 24 month contract so how much are they going to put this up for the remainder of my contract (another 19 months)? Surely if you sign up on a contract this is not right? Not happy with O2 at all. I have a work phone with Vodaphone and they are not increasing my monthly payment!

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Your work phone paid by a company contract? If so there's a fair few company contracts that don't have clauses for inflation in them. Personal contracts all do as far as I know.

Side note: I still haven't recieved it:/
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 3 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I had mine today Liquid!

A whole 65 pence, saving up now to pay for it. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a work phone with Vodaphone and they are not increasing my monthly payment!

Vodafone have have done this twice already, O2 have never done this before.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 11

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Not really break the bank kind of increase is it:)

Just hope they don't make a habit of it haha.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
change is sometimes hard for some.
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have received notification that my monthly cost is going up.  Although the 50p raise is insignificant, I too thought, that as I'd signed up to a contract at an agreed price, that my monthly cost would remain fixed for the duration of the contract.

People who are saying that this doesn't matter should remember that a contract is something which is agreed between 2 parties and whilst 50p may not matter, they should ask themselves what amount would?  As far as I am aware, I cannot just walk away from my contract with O2, I would have to buy myself out of it.  What if O2 had increased everyones monthly charges by 200% and, at the same time changed the buy out cost to £500?  Would people be so accepting then?

Whilst O2 acted extremely well earlier in the year when they compensated their customers for the 'outage' in service, does this increase mean that we are now reimbursing them?

Message 8 of 11

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Any contract has T&C and the t&c you agreed to for an o2 contract states that inflation costs can be added.

I wish everybody would just read what they sign up for if not happy return during the cooling of period.

Note to mods / lenoard / toby please merge all these pointless threads

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
What if O2 had increased everyones monthly charges by 200% and, at the same time changed the buy out cost to £500?  Would people be so accepting then?

If you read the terms and conditions you would realise that any rise over the inflation rate would give you the option of terminating your contract without penalty.

I find it so frustrating people making silly comments without bothering to read up before posting.

Message 10 of 11