Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariel Direct

KIMLAN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

About 6 or 7 years ago i recieved a call on my mobile from a person who said Hi I am calling from Ariel Direct, we manage the O2 contracts and your contract is about to end, do you wish to renew, I said of course i do, i have been with O2 since it started and before when it was BT, the person said you can have an automatic phone upgrade and i thought great.

But through hell and high water i cannot leave them to get back to the correct O2. i went into my local O2 shop in Coventry only to be told your in a 36 month contract. I contacted Ariel Direct to complain and ask why am i in a 36 month contract, they said on 22nd January 2021 you agreed over the telephone and was sent an email confirming, i told them i havent had such a call nor had an email.  The person said she would check the audio tapes and get back to me in a week..... nearly two weeks laterand nothing.

WHY is O2 allowing these people to represent them or rather misepresent them. i have seen so many reviews of entrapment it amazes me O2 have allowed. Ariel Direct advertise themselves as the number 1 O2 trusted partner.  I need help here, I have tried everything bar the ombudsman.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KIMLAN Sadly, we have seen many complaints over the years about this company. They seem to be pretty despicable.

You need to lodge a formal complaint before you can take it any further. How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@KIMLAN Sadly, we have seen many complaints over the years about this company. They seem to be pretty despicable.

You need to lodge a formal complaint before you can take it any further. How to Complain | Help | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Anya
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am in the very same situation!! they say I owe them £280.00 to leave but I was given the impression they had been contracted by O2 to help reduce bills and I was definitely not told I have a contract!!! Why would I sign a contract for two years to save £2 per month on a sim only contract? Thats ridiculous!! I have emailed them and am waiting a response currently so I will see what they say.

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6257 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

What's the money for? Is it handset, airtime or both. 36 month airtime contracts are banned under OFCOM rules. 24 months max for airtime.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

Anya
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Mine is for a 24 Month contract apparently? I genuinely had no idea it was for a contract? its disgusting!! Its not for a phone so I didnt even know you could be contracted for airtime only?? Im fuming!! Its entrapment!!

Anya  

Message 5 of 6

Gizmo_29
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife was conned by Ariel Direct. We did not know untill the 02 acccount was cut off as we had not paid on the new account which we were not even aware of.

The do not do ANYTHING the say they will do to investigate, they will not put ANYTHING in writing, They wont respond to Emails. They claim a cooling off period but never send a contract so you never know you have an account till its too late. 02 dont give a toss  

I made a complaint to OFCOM since Ariel wont respond to my request for a deadlock letter. OFCOM responded almost by return. I have now raised the issue with the onbudsman and at last Ariel said in a letter they are investigating as a result if the ombudsman getting involved.

Remember all calls are recorded and you have a right under the data protection act to have copies of these recordings. If they have lied you have the evidence.

Message 6 of 6