cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are calls to GiffGaff free?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya,

I've noticed that my monthly minutes allowance doesn't seem to have gone down as much as I thought it should. My phone is on a contract that was set up for me by my work. My boss wasn't really sure what my allowances were, so I've tried to find out myself by texting 'Balance' to 21202. I received a message back saying that I have 478 mins of any network mins, and 499 O2 to O2 mins left.

Firstly, as my boss added this phone to her contract, is this showing me a combined total of minutes left for both her phone and mine?

Secondly, are calls to GiffGaff free, do they count as O2 to O2 mins, or are they just classed as normal network mins? Reason I ask this is because I thought I'd used more mins than that calling my partner who is with GiffGaff, yet neither total seems to account for this.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm not sure if the minutes are combined with your boss's phone though I would very much doubt it. If you look in MyO2 you should see your tariff and allowances for your phone only.

Calls to giffgaff do not count as O2-O2 and are used as part of your allowance.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm not sure if the minutes are combined with your boss's phone though I would very much doubt it. If you look in MyO2 you should see your tariff and allowances for your phone only.

Calls to giffgaff do not count as O2-O2 and are used as part of your allowance.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You could ring 02 on 202 for a Consumer tariff or 8002 business tariff to gain clarification.

I thought on a business tariff that minutes could be shared. They will clarify.

Let us know how you get on please.
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Shared minutes are only on business tariffs so the fact that 21202 works for the OP I expect it's a consumer monthly contract. My O2 should confirm.

Message 4 of 4