cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are all O2 sim only contracts on the basis of price applies until you change tariff or leave?

GSB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have recently changed tariff from a O2 contract which had passed it's end to an O2 12 month sim only deal. The deal was a Uswitch exclusive price (£8 per month for 8GB data, unlimted calls, unlimited texts), but the purchase was via the O2 website.

I am trying to find confirmation of what happens after the 12 months is up.

RPI increases aside, do the usual "Price applies until you change tariff, leave or upgrade. 12 month minimum term sim only tariff purchased direct from O2" terms apply to this?

The clause above is in the detail of other simo deals listed on the O2 site, but as the Uswitch exclusive isn't listed, I can't check. None of the order confirmation I have had has this detail either.

Also as the above is a 5G tariff (and I have a 5G capable phone) a new sim is being sent as part of the upgrade. This will be a blank sim that needs a swap to activate, correct? I ask as I already have a blank O2 5G sim and  wonder if I need to wait for the one that comes via the O2 upgrade order or not.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@GSB 

I don't know the specifics of the U Switch deal (only O2 will tell you that) but in general, any discounted tariff ends after the promotion period and you move on to the non discounted price applicable to that tariff.

You can use the curent 5g sim to do a sim swap, if, your MyO2 has updated to the new tariff.

If it's still showing the old tariff you were on, there's no point in swapping sims yet.

Sim swap process here Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

GSB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, yes the tariff has updated on my account. Although a bit confusing as the expiry date is that of my old contract (2018).

None of the details for the tariff suggested it was a discount and O2 customer services said it would continue at the quoted price (subject to RPI variations) on a rolling monthly basis once the contract term is up. I would rather have this detail in black and white, but fingers crossed.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Ask O2 to provide you the T&C's of the offer @GSB 

It's the only way to get it in writing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4