cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are SMS recipients abroad charged to receive texts & pictures

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

If I send SMS texts on a pay as you go tariff, either with or without pictures, to a mobile regsitered in Egypt, will the recipient be charged for this?  I appreciate I will be charged but I am concerned that my Egyptian friend will be charged also.

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest it depends on your friends network. Most networks don't charge to receive texts (some USA networks do I believe) but I don't think your friend will be charged in Egypt, certainly not for text messages.

However if you send photos via mms, your friend may well have to access data to retrieve them which could incur charges, again depending on the contract or P&G deal they are on.

Have you considered Whatsapp? If both parties have it installed on their phone then texts and photos can be sent free over wifi.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

To be honest it depends on your friends network. Most networks don't charge to receive texts (some USA networks do I believe) but I don't think your friend will be charged in Egypt, certainly not for text messages.

However if you send photos via mms, your friend may well have to access data to retrieve them which could incur charges, again depending on the contract or P&G deal they are on.

Have you considered Whatsapp? If both parties have it installed on their phone then texts and photos can be sent free over wifi.

Message 2 of 2