Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are O2 bills in advance?

ParragonKlimt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just switched over to O2 on Saturday 23/01/21, not yet recieved my sim card but did recieve a bill for 24/01/21

Does O2 bill a month in advance? or have I just been billed for a service I cannot even use yet?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27665 Solutions

@ParragonKlimt 

Yes, O2 bill a month in advance. 

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27665 Solutions

@ParragonKlimt 

Yes, O2 bill a month in advance. 

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

GreyArea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do they really? Their website tells you both arrears or in advance depending where you look.

Go to your current bill page (which, annoyingly tells you nothing about the billing period) and scroll down to the graph of previous bills. To the right of this graph is a series of tiles for previous bills. Click on anything other than the "latest" bill, and it will open - and there it says you are being billed in arrears (ie, for the month just passed).

However, go back to the graph and there's a link below it that says "view and print older bills". If you look at previous bills there, it will tell you you're being billed in advance (for the month yet to come).

I've spoken to O2 customer service about this, and they insist that they've ALWAYS billed in advance and as a result, at the end of a contract they will pay a pro-rata amount back to me for the last advance payment.

They also said EVERY mobile company does this, but for the life of me I cannot remember EVER having received a refund at the end of a contract (and I've used just about every provider in the last fifteen years)

Message 3 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6579 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1487 Solutions

Airtime is billed in advanced. Any other charges in arrears

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5620 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@GreyArea 

@GreyArea wrote:

I've spoken to O2 customer service about this, and they insist that they've ALWAYS billed in advance and as a result, at the end of a contract they will pay a pro-rata amount back to me for the last advance payment.

I don't see that. If the contract is for x full months, there won't be a refund for the airtime billed in advance, as the correct number of months will have been paid for.

The final bill will be for the last month's charges in arrears, but as there won't be an airtime element, it will likely be smaller than previous bills.  

Message 5 of 5