Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple watch

sherrie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m looking to take out a Apple Watch contract but I already have a phone and contract I want to use it with how do I do this if I’m given a SIM card with a different tariff for the Apple Watch how can I just use it with my original contract and phone please.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@sherrie 

Apple watch uses an eSim for data use when away from your phone.

All calls, texts etc are replicated from your watch via the linked service that O2 setup when you buy.

You don't have a "different" number for your watch at all.

The data plan will cost you £5.00 per month.

If you don't want the watch to work separate from your phone, you can just connect it via bluetooth to your phone and there's no need for the additional data plan.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

sherrie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much I’m still slightly confused tho won’t the SIM card have a number that comes with the Apple Watch contract.
I just basically want to use my data n text etc from my original contract on the Apple Watch I’m not sure if I’m explaining myself properly lol 😂 sorry
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@sherrie 

Just use it connected via bluetooth and it will use your phone tariff.

The watch sim is optional.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4