Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

Ccfc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I would like to talk about getting a smart watch?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

JimSlip
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve just got the series 4 on o2 and the battery is terrible. I’m sending it back for a replacement.

I have the series 3 and it’s fantastic, the battery is far better.

It must be a fault but I’ll update when I’ve replaced it.

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ccfc You need to contact customer services please http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimSlip @It won’t be O2’s fault the battery is terrible. That’ll be down to Apple

Message 4 of 9

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Apple watch is great and ifyouve got an Iphone it would seem the logical choice.

The type of watch you get should depend on what else you want to use it for. If you want to extend your phone to your wrist the the apple watch for IOS or smasung gear for Android would be logical choices.

If however you want to track your fitness as well, then thats a different story. Apple watch will do this but involves the installation of additonal apps such as strava etc for running, cycling etc. The watch will track heart rate, steps, floors but the really cool fitness tracking requires additional appage. If you want to track different types of activity such as running, cycling, swimming and so on then there are better options out there for this.

Garmin Smart watches do this very well without the need to download additional apps, these are built in. There is a dedicated app to sit on the phone which has your dashboard on it. You get all of the usual smart watch stuff like emials texts, calls etc. 

so in brief if you just want a smartwatch go for Apple or samsung(depndent upon your watch OS. If you want a proper samrtwatch with very good fitness and activity tracking go Garmin either vivoactive or Fenex. They will work on either IOS or Android

Hope this helps

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jezza1234 wrote:

Apple watch is great and ifyouve got an Iphone it would seem the logical choice.

I use my Pebble with my iPhone too which I find better for fitness tracking (through the MisFit app).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Ccfc, you can also check out more information on the Apple Watch and how to get it on O2 in this announcement topic. slight_smile We'd love to hear if you end up getting one!

Message 7 of 9

JimSlip
  • 15 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the advice but I have returned it today. I wore my s3 on one wrist and my s4 on the other wrist. The s4 had 34% battery at 4pm today and the s3 had 76% battery at 4pm also.

Clearly somethings up. I’ll get one again in a few months when the issues have been ironed out with o2.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JimSlip wrote:
Thanks for the advice but I have returned it today. I wore my s3 on one wrist and my s4 on the other wrist. The s4 had 34% battery at 4pm today and the s3 had 76% battery at 4pm also.

Clearly somethings up. I’ll get one again in a few months when the issues have been ironed out with o2.

Thank you @JimSlip for letting us know 

Message 9 of 9