Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Airtime not working

damij
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I lost service a few days ago, all very random. Was supplied a new sim as O2 deemed it was a sim fault. Got it functioning and all up and running, apart from my 2 x Apple Watch airline plans will not add. I’ve tried resetting all devices; but every time I go to add each of my data plans, I get the ‘oops something has gone wrong…….error code 110’. I’ve called O2, and was told it would be functioning by this evening (it’s not) I’ve done live chats x 2 where the eSims have been reset, I’ve sent messages through the app and have tried Twitter support and nothing. Extremely frustrating as paying for a service not actually receiving!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@damij 

There's a known fault currently that O2 are working on.

I suggest you keep bugging them for updates and ask for a goodwill gesture for your troubles.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@damij 

There's a known fault currently that O2 are working on.

I suggest you keep bugging them for updates and ask for a goodwill gesture for your troubles.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

damij
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s utterly insane and unacceptable if they don’t really know what it is or have any timeframe? 

Message 3 of 13

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue with me since 31/03/22,

O2 are fully aware that there is a current issue. The chats are a waste of time and Twitter might take 24/48 hours before they reply, they will simply tell you o2 are working on the issue. 

Message 4 of 13

damij
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just tried, I can now add data plans, but my active ones aren’t showing. It’ll only let me add a new one with a new charge. Have you tried today?

Message 5 of 13

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,
My issue is purely with the Apple Watch data plan, I did not get an error whilst adding mine, it was added showing 'Order complete' however the status of the order is still 'Being Processed' thus no complete activation.

Can you confirm you have a data plan working on your Apple Watch?

Message 6 of 13

damij
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I had both working preciously. Just spoke again to 202; wait 24hours(again). Then she admitted and said that O2 don’t really know what their doing with Apple Watch data plans and they guess(!!!) I suggest med that perhaps they should not be offering such services in that case and I find the quite alarming.

Message 7 of 13

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah sadly, customer services are a complete waste of time, they've had this issue for the past 3 weeks (could be more) yet o2 continue to allow more unsuspected customers to sign up to the plan with full knowledge of this issue.

Message 8 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Customer Services are the ones who don't understand the underlying tech, and not o2 techies.. 

You have to remember that Apple Watch and their eco system is based on Apple Mid Servers, which is what all IOS/ Watch devices talk to in order to activate and use the ecosystem.

So It could be that there is an issues that involves Apple who are a pile of garbage at acknowledging issues with there own OS and Infrastructure.  And this issue isn't unique to o2.

So I would say the blame is somwhere in Apple and something they have changed

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 13

Stretch01
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been in touch with every department from Customer services, sales even complaints and all are waiting for updates from o2 technical services.

At one point I was told that the issue was with o2 because they are having problems processing my order. Not one of the teams have mentioned a problem on Apples side.

you have said 'it could' be an issue that involves Apple, maybe there is but none of the o2 teams have indicated this and until they do I hold o2 fully responsible. EE and other providers are having no such issues so why try and start to blame Apple for an o2 issue without any evidence.

o2 have a choice to stop allowing people to sign up to the service whilst the issue still exists, that alone is careless.

Message 10 of 13