Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch 5 data plan

LucyW86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So this morning I received an Apple Watch series 5. I have the 3 series but giving that one to my husband to use with his iPhone. I’m trying to add a data plan to the 5 (the one I used on the 3 series) but it keeps coming up with reference 30. My husband added the data plan to the 3 but it’s the one associated with my iPhone and it didn’t give an option to change to the other data plan if that makes sense? Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LucyW86 

You need to call O2 to remove the watch from your account so it can be transferred.

Also you can't add your new one until you remove the old one.

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

LucyW86
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you! I’ll give them a call ASAP. There is a data plan on the new 5 series too it’s just appearing to still be ‘initialising’ as far as I can tell. But thank you for your reply
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@LucyW86 

Can take upto 24 hours to fully complete the setup.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

LucyW86
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Still not connected unfortunately. Going to give it until this evening then call if still getting the same error
Message 5 of 5