Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus & iPhone X Megathread

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

O2 will offer Apple’s latest products starting on 22nd September 2017, including the new generation iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Customers will be able to pre-order iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus beginning 15th September at www.o2.co.uk/iphone, in store, voice and online, with iPhone X pre-order beginning Friday 27th October

iPhone 8
iPhone 8 Plus
iPhone X
bau-35253-iphone-8-product-build-gold-sku-header-master-120917.png
bau-35251-iphone-8-plus-space-grey-sku-header-master-130917.png
iphone-x-space-grey-sku-header.png

Questions?
We expect there will be many questions ranging from student discount, to unlocking, to yearly upgrades and everything in-between. See our extensive Q&A section immediately under this post, and let us know if there's anything missing you think we should mention there.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,685
1,684 REPLIES 1,684

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@craigdavid until you receive a despatch email from O2 you will not receive your phone no matter what the website says. It is very likely the phone you ordered was, in fact, out of stock.

I should add you are not speaking to O2 this is a customer forum and we are all customers like yourself.

I suggest you contact Customer Services
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus who should be able to tell you if your phone is in stock or not. You may also like to read the many comments on this thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Apple-iPhone-8-iPhone-8-Plus-amp-iPhone-X-Megathread/td-p... to see customers' comments on this very subject.

Welcome to the forum @Anonymous david.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1641 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all. I’m currently on pay monthly with 02. My wife just bought me the Apple Watch 3. How do I go about swapping to EE as this watch only works with EE. Is this possible?
Message 1642 of 1,685

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Only by paying off the device and giving 30 days notice to end the airtime. 

A good wife you have there. 

Message 1643 of 1,685

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Cancel your o2 contract https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
Get your PAC https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
and ask EE for a contract.
If you plan on keeping your phone, get it unlocked too https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1644 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable
So my iPhone was ordered on 8th Nov. Silver 256gb. Expected delivery 6th Dec. Got my tariff update on 30th Nov and delivery to store confirmation on 1st but I was at work so picked up on 2nd. Love it. So glad I didn’t opt for the 8 and a shorter wait. Would have loved more updates/info along the way though. Hope everyone waiting gets theirs soon!
Message 1645 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys ordered mine on Friday 1st and online it said up to one week I ordered the iPhone x 64gb and in black grey what every it is didn't realise there was such a delay or I may of held of ordering it was for Christmas doubt that now looking at this I looked on the same thing to say and it said 2/3 days so are they getting a delivery in or is this not the case

Message 1646 of 1,685

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous

You Apple Watch 3 will work fine on o2 and you will get calls and a,s throigh as long as the iPhone is in range of the Watch.

EE will active the insult sim which will then allow you to use the Watch as a standalone device and not needed it the phone near by.

but I have a o2 contract with my Apple Watch 3 LTE and works ok when phone is in range

also make sure you have the correct Apple Watch 3. There are 2 versions. 

Apple Watch 3 GPS only

Apple Watch 3 GPS And LTE

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1647 of 1,685

alistair
  • 68 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, according to the O2 iPhone X page in their online store - the 64GB Space Grey iPhone X is showing as "In Stock Order by midnight for free next working day delivery", so I would suspect that you will be getting an email to let you know your phone is on its way - if not then O2 will have some explaining to do!

Good luck - and hopefully your phone will arrive sooner, rather than later!

Alistair

Message 1648 of 1,685

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my Apple Watch S3 LTE last Sunday...

Loving it. No need to carry my iPhone everytime now to keep up with football scores, texts, any app notification etc.

Also Apple Music wherever you are! (As long you have EE 4G signal of course)

Message 1649 of 1,685

mrsbaker1
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 210 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just received my tariff change email so should be getting it tomorrow or day after.
iPhone X
Silver
256GB
Order date 21st November.
Message 1650 of 1,685