Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Anytime Upgrade

Hi,
Apologies if I'm asking in the wrong section.
A couple of months ago, I enquired in the O2 shop as to when my partner was able to upgrade her handset.
She's broken her handset, and whilst it is insured ... if it was close to her upgrade date, then she would have waited and just upgraded to a smartphone.
Anyway, the shop assistant told me "Wait two weeks as we are due to launch 'Anytime Upgrades'", and then went on to explain about them. This sounded ideal for my partner. Since then, at weekeneds when I've been out and about I've popped into whichever O2 shop was in the town I was in and asked when it is due to be released.
The latest information I had was "End of July as there were some teething problems, which have now been sorted". However is has still not arrived.
Is anyone able to shed any light on whether it's been introduced, but without a fanfare to overshadow "Priority Moments" ... or whether it's still unreleased?
I'm keen to upgrade my partners handset, and get her re-subscribed to O2 ... before she loses interest pays off her remaining contract term and goes elsewhere.
Thanks in advance for any advice Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Anytime Upgrade

Anyone ... anyone ... Bueller Bueller ?!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Whenever O2 launches anything new it *always* gets delayed, be it a new phone, tariff, service or whatever. I'm surprised they haven't yet figured out that it's better to wait until the new whateveritis actually works before saying anything.
The only thing to do is be patient and wait, like you didn't do with your post Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

haha I'd given it two day, I'd have hoped someone to have replied in that time. When I was with O2, it was winning awards for customer service. I've asked their twitter team twice and not even a "sorry we're working on it".
Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

They're still perfecting it and there isn't a set launch date yet.
It's also not going to be called Anytime Upgrades anymore, there's been a change of name.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers Smiley Happy
"Upgrade Moments" ... we are thinking of you.
Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's launched on business, called "Fast Track Upgrades". Came out yesterday
Highlighted
Anonymous

Cheers!