cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone upgraded to HD7?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I am due for my first upgrade next Sunday (27th Feb) and would really like to upgrade to the HTC HD7.
Has anyone done this already and are they willing to share what deal o2 offered or even if there are better offers elsewhere? (my preference is the cheapest pay monthly but with internet included)
Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's OK, I have answered the question myself.
I spoke to o2 yesterday and they tell me that the best deal is £50.04 for the handset and £25.53 a month - which is exactly the same deal that a new customer gets!
I did question this and was told that this was the fair deal policy - new and existing customers get the same offer.
So can someone tell me what the benefit of upgrading is as opposed to just starting a new contract and porting my number over?
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I assume you mean a new contract with another provider? If I was you and you see a better deal elsewhere that gives you what you want, I'd take it. Same with gas, car insurance, whatever. Go where you get what you want/need at the best price. I used to think loyalty was important in such things, but at the end of the day you want the best deal and the provider wants the most money. Loyalty can be misguided these days I think.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i was an 02 customer for about 5 years and never got any benefit, so decided to leave them now i go with whoever gives me what i want the cheapest, first year after leaving o2 i was with 3, turned out to b a nightmare, then tmobile ok, then vodaphone i would say very good, an now for this contract i am again back on 02 with the hd7 paying £35 a month with £100 returnable deposit at the end of contract no its dear but i got mine in october, Shop round i say.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do not get the HD7...i had it for 2 weeks and it was terrible,it crashed twice on the first day,apps dont always load properly,its a really really sketchy phone,i was advised not to go with a windows 7 phone before hand and i should have listened,after having it for 2 weeks i rang up and switched to the Desire,its so much better. But its upto you.....
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
HD7 TERRIBLE!!!. Mic stopped working whilst abroad so I contacted o2 " take out the sim card & rub it" who do they think i am, Aladdin??. Zune software wouldn't load on my laptop, bluetooth connection kept telling me every other device i tried to pair with was " not supported" Can't simply use the phone as a storage device when you plug it into a pc. The list goes on... I have now rebooted my old N95
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
@qt12705 I'd reccommend you check out some of the current limitations of the operating system, it is a fledgling OS for the moment, but a lot of the current issues it has could be fixed in the "mango" update being released this autumn. No Idea which phones will get the mango update yet or when, so i'd make sure you are happy with what the phone will and wont do first and any future update will be a bonus. Reviews here for the phone: http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_hd7-review-542.php
(honestly i don't work for gsm i just find their website useful, if anyone can put me onto a better site feel free)
@Keith: the problems you had are fairly well documented features of the OS, as mentioned it is quite new and features are either being deliberately left out just as they have for the iphone (as in the case of bluetooth pairing with anything other than a headset) or are waiting to be implemented. Not sure why you'd have issues with zune, the system requirements are practically non existent if you post exactly what problems i might be able to help
as for rubbing the sim, that's standard network protocol for loss of signal. it usually involves a complete power cycle of the phone, and in theory means the simcard is making good contact with the circuit. bot of which can fix numerous issues in any phone.
Message 7 of 7