cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has solved problems from O2 fraud and scams??

Kim30
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, Everyone

I am a victim of O2 scam, and had reported to O2 202 and official number immediately but they repeated me to wait 5 working days.

Already 5 days passed, and they do not take any actions. I got lots of scam evidences but O2 still do NOT take any actions for this. 

I really don’t understand why O2 do not care scam issues and protect criminals!!!??? 

Anyone has solved the problems? Please give me a tip. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Orange8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 

I had exactly the same problem. Scam was on the 18th May, account frozen until last Friday 7th July.

I think the fraud team only rang me because as soon as I had my service back I applied for a PAC code to leave O2 and they thought that looked strange. 

I was assured the debt had been cleared and my account was back to normal but I am still getting calls from a debt collection company and my account still shows debts which are not mine so the saga hasn't ended yet. 

According to the assistant who called me from the fraud team it was an email from Sumaira in Customer Services 360 team who I spoke to on Thursday morning that finally did the trick. However I had emailed the CEO (Lutz Schueler) and customer complaints frequently, and decided to cc the press team on Thursday night stating that I had contacted the BBC You and Yours and Watchdog programmes. My account was then unlocked on Friday. 

According to the fraud team my fraud had been logged as impersonation fraud (which it was not) and that takes longer to process. Who knows if this is true so I will continue to make a formal complaint as 7 weeks without a phone is unacceptable.

These are the email addresses I cc'd. 

RPA_MB_CEOs_Office@o2.com, lutz.schueler@virginmedia.co.uk, complaintreviewservice@o2.com, pressoffice@o2.com, press@virginmediao2.co.uk, press@virginmedia.co.uk

I hope this problem has bee resolved soon for you by now, but if not I really feel your pain. 

Message 2 of 2