cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else suddenly started getting nuisance calls from Mali?

GBDee90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey!

All of a sudden, for the past three days, I have been PLAGUED by weird calls from Mali. It's those things that when you answer it's silent.
I reported it to someone on O2 live chat. They say they can't block these calls. The only thing I can do is to block the number when the call comes through. That would work, except the number is slightly different every single time. So block one number and a call comes through an hour later on a different number. They all originate from Mali though. The country code is +223.

Their only other resolution was for me to change my number. I'm hesitant to do that because I've had the same number for over 10 years, plus I don't see why I should have to go through the hassle of updating my details with every Tom, Dic and Harry. Surely O2 has a way of blocking calls from a particular country code? No?

Please help!

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Dandy17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I too have been getting lots of these calls. I inadvertantly called back the first time...stupid,but was distracted at the time. Contacted O2 this am . Seemed helpful and are refunding the £1.67 !! Now to try blocking the calls. !!!
Message 11 of 35

jeremycm
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me too - Mainly Mali, but also Vanuatu & The Ascension Islands - Spoke to 02, not much help, also suggested changing the number which I don't want to do - Now just blocking each call, but very irritating - surely 02 can do something ?

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been getting these as well - so annoying. After blocking the main numbers, I also set up a new contact in my phone using 0022369  as the phone number under contacts and then put in block this caller. I am hoping that will stop all the calls.  Seems to be working so far.  It was a tip from another internet site.  Obviously I am blocking all calls from Mali but I dont have anyone there trying to speak to me. 

Message 13 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had the same problem 30 calls in total o2 are not interested why should we change our numbers how do these ppl get our number .

Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello thanks for the advice, i just tried but it says 'This information is not available at the moment. Please try again later.' with a red exclamation mark! Im sure i clicked on this yesterday and it said the same thing. What is it meant to say when you go into it? thanks Jennifer

Message 15 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

It is supposed to send you a text to enter into the page to get through to your preferences.

contact preferences.PNG

contact preferences1.PNG

contact preferences2.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 35

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Just had a missed call from +224, which, according to a google, is Guinea...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 17 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey guys we're waiting for some feedback on this one so please bear with us. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, exactly the same issue for me, yesterday....plagued by Mali calls.  And today, too 😞

Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same!  I was also charged £1.67 😞  I've blacklisted so many of the numbers now...but they're all different!

Message 20 of 35