cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else being overcharged on their pay monthly bills?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My phone bill is supposed to be £17.50 per month but, seeing as I just moved to England from France it was no great shock when my first phone bill came in at £37 as I'd been texting internationally. Still, it was the kick up the arse I needed to stop texting abroad, not wanting another phone bill that high. The next month, I was expecting a lower bill - but, no. This time I was charged well upwards of £50 for having apparently sent something like 180 international texts. I knew something was wrong, but I thought it might just be residue left over from the previous month therefore I let it slide. This month, I have kept track of my texting - I know I've sent ONLY 34 texts to international numbers, therefore you can imagine my surprise when I checked the status of my bill and saw that, again, it came to £50. This time o2 are claiming that I've sent over 160 texts abroad - which I know is a lie. Any advice on what I should do, or should I just terminate my contract and go with someone more reliable?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I would suggest adding an international bolt on to your contract. They only cost around £5 and they significantly offset the cost of international calls/txts if you'd like to stay in contact.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

I'm rather confused how they can claim your sending so many txts when you've been keeping track. Your best bet would be to phone up and tell them you suspect fraud. If your not sending them and O2 is sure you are someone else must be "helping you out" to reach those bill amounts.

Hope this helps.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Are the sms over 160 characters in length? Each 160 is 1 chargeable sms

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 4

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
I would suggest adding an international bolt on to your contract. They only cost around £5 and they significantly offset the cost of international calls/txts if you'd like to stay in contact.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/calling_abroad_from_uk

I'm rather confused how they can claim your sending so many txts when you've been keeping track. Your best bet would be to phone up and tell them you suspect fraud. If your not sending them and O2 is sure you are someone else must be "helping you out" to reach those bill amounts.

Hope this helps.

No sms are included (standard rate) and it is £10 minimum apart ffom the £5 calling card

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 4