Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody preordered iPad Pro 2021?

maxwilkes
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Any news on when O2 are likely to get stock? Apple direct are starting to ship orders placed early on April 30th. I myself put my order in for the 2TB 12.9 model with O2 plus 25GB data and got confirmation at 1:07pm on 30th April (so 7 minutes after preordering went live). Unlike Apple though which keep you updated with a rough delivery estimate (people who preordered early like me are quoted anywhere from 21-27 May on Apple according a topic that’s going on Macrumours). But O2 offers no such estimate just says out of stock and that stock has been ordered. The website shows the “more than 6 weeks” (which would be accurate for people ordering today or later) but any news for early orderers like myself?
Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We've had confirmation that we'll be shipping out orders from tomorrow, 21 May. Unfortunately there's no way for us to check specific orders and the timescale that will apply to that, but as soon as there's movement on your order you'll get notifications about it like @maxwilkes 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@maxwilkes 

I'll tag in @Chris_K as he's most likely to know.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 22

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@maxwilkes

Tablet production is severely constrained and Apple are prioritising their own customers.

There are also a few other issues:
1. Lack of Air Freight from Hong Kong (as most are built in Shenzhen and ferried across the border).
2. Processors are in very very short supply
3. LCD's are also in constraint..

Apple UK are quoting June / July still for delivery, the dates on Macrumors are US Delivery dates and not for the UK
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 22

maxwilkes
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@madasaf1sh Apple are quoting June to July if you were to order today (or later). Back when I ordered they were quoting May 21-28 even for UK. Don’t forget I got order confirmation at 1:07pm on 30th April so my orders been in for weeks. I appreciate supply shortages but even so Apple direct are shipping early orders this week so I’m wondering when O2 are likely to get their stock as hopefully I should be in their first batch of deliveries.
Message 4 of 22

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@maxwilkes 

You need to wait for @Chris_K to respond with accurate info for O2 orders.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 22

maxwilkes
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I literally just got an email from O2 confirming shipment of my order for delivery tomorrow by DPD. It hasn’t yet updated on My O2 (still says processing awaiting stock there). But I assume it’ll be updated at some point later today. Looks like I’ll be getting mine on release day after all!
Message 6 of 22

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all,

We've had confirmation that we'll be shipping out orders from tomorrow, 21 May. Unfortunately there's no way for us to check specific orders and the timescale that will apply to that, but as soon as there's movement on your order you'll get notifications about it like @maxwilkes 😉

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 7 of 22

maxwilkes
  • 21 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Chris_K mine shipped this morning for delivery tomorrow by DPD which is perfect as it’s release date tomorrow (only YouTubers got theirs early). And my Magic Keyboard arrives tomorrow too.
Message 8 of 22

Jay27
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all, ordered mine 1st May, any idea how far down the pecking order I would be, new customer so I cant even see the order anywhere in my account.

Thanks,

Jason
Message 9 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jay27 

No one on here would have any idea of that. 

You could call customer services and ask them. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 22