cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to show monthly data usage over the last year (or 2?)

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been on a legacy "unlimited" tariff which I now understand is actually just 4GB but it's stuck in the old 3G days and considering changing over to a 4G tariff which of course, has data limits.

However I don't know how much data I've been using over the past year or so, to be able to make an informed choice as to what tariff I should be changing to as not to get caught short on data.

Is there any way I can check back to see what I've used on average per month?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's a pity, I would've liked to known how much I actually have been using, I might be tempted to switch to a new 4G tariff (therefore one less person on the legacy tariff) if I knew how much I'm using!
Message 11 of 42

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
As I said previously, if you call 202, they can give you an average monthly usage.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 42

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23183 Posts
  • 1028 Topics
  • 3688 Solutions

I believe I saw a post that said you use an iPhone. If so, here is a link to at least show you your monthly data usage: http://www.wikihow.com/Check-Data-Usage-on-an-iPhone

Not being an iPhone user I couldn't say for sure if that works for you. If it doesn't, here's a page of links from Google: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how+to+see+data+usage...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 42

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ended up doing it via the online chat instead of 202 (couldn't be bothered hanging on the line)

Thanks.
Message 14 of 42

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That does work but it doesn't automatically reset so it's of limited use as I've changed phones a few times since being on this tariff.

Message 15 of 42

MI5
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@lanceuppercut wrote:
Ended up doing it via the online chat instead of 202 (couldn't be bothered hanging on the line)

Thanks.

I was worried about suggesting live chat wink

but as long as you got your answer, that's the main thing..... slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 42

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Well, as the limit for legacy accounts seems to be 4gb (the guy on the live chat called it a "fair usage policy of 3gb" which essentially means a 3gb data limit..) and that I'm paying the same £20 for same limit on the legacy tariff, I don't have much to lose if they take that away from me.

Got the fella to check my average usage (which shockingly is only 670mb!) but also peak usage going back 2 years was only 1.63gb.

I suppose I am on WIFI for most of my day, either at work or at home!
Message 17 of 42

MI5
  • 144856 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Even when I have tried to use loads of data I've rarely gone over 4gb so a 5gb tariff would probably do me OK, but I went for 8gb as a safety net....

Currently using:
Message 18 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always go for a little extra just to be safe, when I was on simO I was on 250mb but I regularly used it all so when I upgraded I went to 500mb to have a little extra
Message 19 of 42

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Just trying to wrangle a better deal for SIM only at the moment with a poor web chat worker slight_smile
Message 20 of 42