cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ideas why I 'have' to phone O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of folk upgrading early, before their upgrade date, in store so this is just confusing me now...

On Sunday I was in an O2 store, asked about taking advantage of a deal they have on at the moment and upgrading early (my upgrade date is on May 13th but the flash sale ends May 8th - I know there will always be sales but I was hit by shiny new phone syndrome...)

We sat down and the sales assistant phoned O2 to see if it could be done. O2 said I'd have to phone them myself - even though I was sat there and the phone could've been passed to me to talk it over (which happened when my wife upgraded early last year). The sales assistant apologised, gave me some options (start a new contract, port old number across etc.) and I decided to try phoning them myself.

I've tried phoning but if I go through upgrades I just get told they're busy and get sent a text saying I can't upgrade until May 13th. If I try to go to retentions I get stuck in a never ending queue. Over the past three days I've been on hold for over an hour.

In the meantime I wondered if anyone on here might know if there's any particular reason why O2 wouldn't speak to me when they were phoned with me in the shop? 

I was initially wanting an early upgrade, even happy to pay for it. Now I'm considering just getting my PAC and jumping ship entirely! I never had this difficulty in contacting a real person at CS with Orange, T-Mobile or Vodafone... never thought I'd say that...

I'm now wondering if it's because I also have O2 BB on a legacy deal and they might want me to extend my BB contract in light of the Sky deal... dunno... It's just puzzling!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

alibongo54
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 18 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah 30% discount - I cant complain at that.

I was thinking free insurance!! Hey ho.

Maybe Ill relinquish my annoyance and call them later then!

Cheers - this is a better than the O2 twitter feed!

Alison

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad it's sorted
Message 12 of 13

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Great to hear that you're sorted mred2000 slight_smile

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 13 of 13