Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any ETA on o2 SMS over wi-fi?

Mosmordor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, just wondering if there's any solid ETA on SMS over Wi-fi?

Last I heard some phones should be able to handle it before end of year but I haven't seen any confirmation of what models.

Unfortunately I live in an area with bad signal which has recently got worse, and I'm no longer receiving SMS at all - I'm hoping I don't need to leave o2 if SMS over wi-fi is coming soon for my phone 🙂

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@Mosmordor 

We don't know which ones but some coming this year with more rolling out in the first quarter of 2022.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/11/o2-uk-to-start-roll-out-of-sms-for-wifi-calling-by-end...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11962 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1119 Solutions

No confirmation of date or even if it is coming in the future @Mosmordor ...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143190 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27460 Solutions

@Mosmordor 

We don't know which ones but some coming this year with more rolling out in the first quarter of 2022.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/11/o2-uk-to-start-roll-out-of-sms-for-wifi-calling-by-end...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3