Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Again i fully understand your frustration.
To respond to your question
Question: If your engineer had replaced my £3.90 speaker, as was the reported problem, would my phone be fully functional? Yes or No?
If our contractual obligations had allowed us to replace the speaker it MAY have cured the problem short term, other symptoms MAY have occured or the fix MAY have failed in the future, this is the whole problem with liquid damage, it affects different components in different ways and as most components are integrated into the main board of the unit they can't simply be swapped out.
There isn't a yes or no answer I am afraid, Yes you swapped the speaker and it works for now but factual experience tells us that this will generally not last, we see thousands of liquid damaged units each year all at different stages throughout the failure life cycle, the only constant is that they are classed as BER by the OEM because it is no longer possible to guarantee that the product will perform as it should and that is the whole crux of the issue; if a customer introduces moisture to a handset, accidentally or otherwise, the OEM can no longer be held accountable for the phone.
Again, not want you want to hear i know but that is the reality of the situation.

The speaker issue occurred in November whilst I was at my home in France.
I repaired it in February. In between these times, I have had no problems with my phone and indeed I would rate it as the most stable phone I have owned.....considering it MAY be water damaged.

There seems to be considerable spin on what you are saying, in this response. I have laboured my point and you understandably, at least in public, have to stand by the party line.

I have just received the replacement handset and it would not turn on. :mansurprised:

But, I, will not be beaten..... and put my old battery in the handset and it worked fine. Smiley Very Happy I didn't realise batteries were supplied fully discharged. :robotindifferent:

My phone has pocket wear, but fully functional. I have cleaned out the kebab sauce, the beer, the chlorine residue and the coffee and I will shortly be sending it back to O2.

I kind of enjoyed opening it up and repairing it...... Need any staff Jonathon? Smiley Happy

On a serious note, I really appreciate your input and you spending your valuable time to explain things. Thank you!
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

I am genuinely glad O2 have sorted everything out for you, the replacement, will i am sure, serve you well. If there are any problems please dont hesitate to contact me personally and I will endeavour to sort things out for you.

KR

Jonathon
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

I am genuinely glad O2 have sorted everything out for you, the replacement, will i am sure, serve you well. If there are any problems please dont hesitate to contact me personally and I will endeavour to sort things out for you.
KR
Jonathon

Many thanks. I have updated my bank account mobile phone insurance.

Just to show a good example of how the mind slips.. I asked the girl what phone I had last registered with them.

She replied a Motorola V70.

"A what?", I said.

She repeated.

"What is that?"

No idea came the reply.

Having checked it out on the web. OMG! I think I even bought it sim free!

I bet you are feeling better about yourself already...... unless.... nah!

The Motorola V70.... every 6'6" man like me should have one! Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

I don't have a Blackberry but...

I recently encountered a fault with my HTC HD2. The screen was 'coming unstuck' in the bottom right hand corner of the phone and the LED lighting which lights up the buttons when the buttons are pushed would bleed through that area in the dark. If you pushed the corner down, it would cover over the backlight but in turn would also cause the screen to register a touch somewhere in the middle of the screen! The scren was also quite unresponsive - so much so that when I gave it to the O2 service rep in an O2 store, he couldn't unlock it (you have to slide a button on the lock screen to unlock) and remarked to me, "Well, that's not very good is it?"

I have to say that he was pretty good in dealing with everything - he noted down the fault(s) and sent me on my way. I noticed on the receipt it stated that it would be sent to Anovo. It took about 10 days before I got my device back.

When I received it back first thing I noticed was that the phone was sent back by ordinary post. In any case, I opened it up and scanned through the slip that was packaged inside. It told me the name of the engineer who had dealt with my handset and what they had fixed. The strange thing was that all it stated that was done was that they had updated the phone software.

Upon closer inspection, the screen had something done to it - either replaced or adjusted as the corner was now secure and no light was bleeding through. The screen was also much more responsive than before but there was now another problem - the LCD was off-centre. It's a little hard to describe but what I mean is that the actual LCD itself (under the glass screen), not the glass screen on top, was flush to the left and there was a very noticeable gap of black empty space on the right. It's even more noticeable since the HTC operating system has a bar running along the bottom that's supposed to act like a continuous bar of icons you can scroll along which is grey in colour. It meets with the gap which is completely black and just spoils the look. Of course it wasn't like that before I sent it in.

Then I noticed something else - the WiFi wasn't working at all. Not in that it wouldn't connect - it wasn't turning on at all. Several resets (both hard and soft resets) and still it wouldn't work. It was then I took the battery out to push the little red button to give another type of reset that I noticed a slightly more alarming problem. The warranty sticker had been damaged. The HD2 uses torx screws and it was plainly obvious that the engineer had just stuck his torx screwdriver right through it to open the screw and not bothered to replace it. I was then worried about future issues if I had to send the device back and so took the device straight back to the O2 shop sharpish. I had the phone for maybe an hour and half in total.

Again, O2 were good in dealing with the issue but I've yet to receive my device back...
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Just a quick update on this:

I received my phone back today - quite unexpectedly actually since the previous time I was sent a text message notifying me that my phone was on it's way.

Unlike the lsat time, it was delivered by DHL (maybe someone from O2 is reading after all), where I had to sign for it. Noticing that that box was somewhat larger this time, I opened it up and had a quick read through of the documents, eager to see what the problems were and if they'd fixed it. To my surprise, the letter said that unfortunately they had been unable to fix my phone within the 7 day limit and so as to not continue inconveniencing me they'd supplied me with a replacement phone!

Feeling pretty chuffed, I gave the phone a quick once over: there was no noticable damage to screen or phone. The security seals were intact, but I could tell that one of them had been lifted up and put back before. It's only noticeable if you look very closely. In any case, I quickly powered up the phone, wondering if this one was an unbranded device since some members reported that O2 now supplied some unbranded/unlocked HD2's. I put in a Vodafone sim to test this out. The device booted up to a white screen... Smiley Indifferent Before, when I had my previous phone, it asked me for a network unlock code.

Thinking nothing of it, I proceeded to stick on my O2 sim. The device took ages to boot up - and when it did I was greeted by a nice error message saying something along the lines of "device.exe has crashed, would you like to send an error report to Microsoft?" I decided to do a factory/hard reset on the phone (holding down the volume up and down and power on). It was at this point I noticed that the volume buttons were very loose. Yes, I know that's picky, but my previous device wasn't like that. That also made me take a closer look at the bottom row of physical buttons, which were also very loose. I felt pretty disappointed but carried on waiting for the hard reset process to complete.

For those of you that don't know, when a hard reset is performed, everything on the device is wiped and when the phone restarts, it has to initialise and load up, etc. Just as if it's a new phone. I patiently waited for the loading bar to complete. It took much longer than I seemed to remember - but after 3 weeks+ of not using a HD2, I thought that maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. Finally, the loading screen went away and the next plain orange screen came up. I waited.... and then I waited some more.... Smiley Indifferent

In fact, I actually waited for over half an hour and it was still on the same screen! :robotmad:

At this point I just felt pretty annoyed and since it was still before 5pm I hopped off to the O2 shop (for the 3rd time now) to see if anything could be done. I don't know what I was expecting really but I just wanted someone to see it for themselves to confirm that my replacement was messed up. Speaking to the O2 customer rep - he took a quick look at my phone and actually looked pretty lost. Then I showed what happened when I tried to hard reset it. He put me through to O2 direct over the phone. I spoke someone in the repair department who suggested that I try another sim card. Smiley Indifferent I told them that I didn't think it was the source of the problem, but never the less I asked the O2 rep to give me an O2 sim to test out. Something even worse happened after that.. upon loading up, the screen went completely blank and the device wouldn't respond. The telephone rep said to me that I'd have to send my device back in for another repair.

I tried to explain that I'd had the phone for maybe an hour and a half at most and that this was a replacement phone. Couldn't they just swap it over? (in the shop would've been good) I'd already sent a phone back twice and I'd been without a phone for over 3 weeks. After much to-ing and fro-ing she decided to ask a manager what to do. Apparently a manager agreed to do a direct swap out - but again the replacement phone would be refurbished since it was past the 28 day swap out deadline (I'd owned my original phone since December). She told me that an email would be sent confirming everything but it's now past 8pm and I've yet to receive anything from them (she took down my email address too). When I hung up the phone, the O2 store rep was quite polite and apologising for not being able to do anything but I was pretty downhearted by this point.

All in all I'd have to say that so far it's been a pretty disappointing experience all round from O2 (repair) for me.
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Just a quick update on this:
I received my phone back today - quite unexpectedly actually since the previous time I was sent a text message notifying me that my phone was on it's way.
Unlike the lsat time, it was delivered by DHL (maybe someone from O2 is reading after all), where I had to sign for it. Noticing that that box was somewhat larger this time, I opened it up and had a quick read through of the documents, eager to see what the problems were and if they'd fixed it. To my surprise, the letter said that unfortunately they had been unable to fix my phone within the 7 day limit and so as to not continue inconveniencing me they'd supplied me with a replacement phone!
Feeling pretty chuffed, I gave the phone a quick once over: there was no noticable damage to screen or phone. The security seals were intact, but I could tell that one of them had been lifted up and put back before. It's only noticeable if you look very closely. In any case, I quickly powered up the phone, wondering if this one was an unbranded device since some members reported that O2 now supplied some unbranded/unlocked HD2's. I put in a Vodafone sim to test this out. The device booted up to a white screen... Smiley Indifferent Before, when I had my previous phone, it asked me for a network unlock code.
Thinking nothing of it, I proceeded to stick on my O2 sim. The device took ages to boot up - and when it did I was greeted by a nice error message saying something along the lines of "device.exe has crashed, would you like to send an error report to Microsoft?" I decided to do a factory/hard reset on the phone (holding down the volume up and down and power on). It was at this point I noticed that the volume buttons were very loose. Yes, I know that's picky, but my previous device wasn't like that. That also made me take a closer look at the bottom row of physical buttons, which were also very loose. I felt pretty disappointed but carried on waiting for the hard reset process to complete.
For those of you that don't know, when a hard reset is performed, everything on the device is wiped and when the phone restarts, it has to initialise and load up, etc. Just as if it's a new phone. I patiently waited for the loading bar to complete. It took much longer than I seemed to remember - but after 3 weeks+ of not using a HD2, I thought that maybe my mind was playing tricks on me. Finally, the loading screen went away and the next plain orange screen came up. I waited.... and then I waited some more.... Smiley Indifferent
In fact, I actually waited for over half an hour and it was still on the same screen! :robotmad:
At this point I just felt pretty annoyed and since it was still before 5pm I hopped off to the O2 shop (for the 3rd time now) to see if anything could be done. I don't know what I was expecting really but I just wanted someone to see it for themselves to confirm that my replacement was messed up. Speaking to the O2 customer rep - he took a quick look at my phone and actually looked pretty lost. Then I showed what happened when I tried to hard reset it. He put me through to O2 direct over the phone. I spoke someone in the repair department who suggested that I try another sim card. Smiley Indifferent I told them that I didn't think it was the source of the problem, but never the less I asked the O2 rep to give me an O2 sim to test out. Something even worse happened after that.. upon loading up, the screen went completely blank and the device wouldn't respond. The telephone rep said to me that I'd have to send my device back in for another repair.
I tried to explain that I'd had the phone for maybe an hour and a half at most and that this was a replacement phone. Couldn't they just swap it over? (in the shop would've been good) I'd already sent a phone back twice and I'd been without a phone for over 3 weeks. After much to-ing and fro-ing she decided to ask a manager what to do. Apparently a manager agreed to do a direct swap out - but again the replacement phone would be refurbished since it was past the 28 day swap out deadline (I'd owned my original phone since December). She told me that an email would be sent confirming everything but it's now past 8pm and I've yet to receive anything from them (she took down my email address too). When I hung up the phone, the O2 store rep was quite polite and apologising for not being able to do anything but I was pretty downhearted by this point.
All in all I'd have to say that so far it's been a pretty disappointing experience all round from O2 (repair) for me.

You have my sympathy. Crap service!
Anonymous

Poor Service

My wife has just waited a month to get her recently purchased phone back from Anovo Norwich.

We initially followed the advice on the o2 support pages about trying to reset the phone (Nokia 6700 Slide), then re-installed the phone software via Nokia PC Suite. This didn't solve the problem (Intermittent audio loss through headphones).

It took us a couple a days to try the solutions on the o2 website. After they didn't work we phoned o2 and were told we were 1 day over the 28 day initial warranty period from receiving the new phone. This meant we couldn't have doorstep exchange for a new phone. We explained that the fault had been present for some time before the 28 day period expired, but they said that didn't matter. Very frustrating!

We posted her phone off to Anovo in Norwich and had to wait a month for it to be returned. We phoned o2 every week, but all they could tell us was that the phone had arrived at Anovo. It was finally returned to us today via Royal Mail in a fairly damaged little box. The phone seems ok though. We did request that a complaint was raised on our last contact with o2 about this issue, but to date have not received a response.

Not what I would call good service!
Anonymous

Re: Anovo Norwich

Anovo are the worst company in the world. They are terrible, their customer service the time it takes to "repair a phone" and the amount of liquid damaged handsets are far too hight. I still can't understand why O2 and Orange UK still use them! phf
Anonymous

Re: Anovo Norwich

I sent my bb off to them last week and rang for an update today and guess what, go on... Its 'water damaged'. Oh really! What utter tripe! I'd read this thread before returning it and photographed the perfectly fine water damage indicator next to the battery before posting it off. Have yet to receive phone or report but I'm not taking this cr4p lying down! My contract is until november next year and I know for a fact it hasn't been in excessive humid conditions nor been dropped in a puddle! I'm furious!!!
It was the trackerball which is a common fault with the 8900's plus it was switching itself off so how on earth they get water damage I'll be interested to hear.
O2 said I could have a refurb but it would cost me and that I need to take my issue up with blackberry direct. Very unhelpful!
Anonymous

Re: Poor Service

The phone seems ok though.

Update: The original fault returned 2 weeks after we got the phone back, but have decided to just live with it.