Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

I'm thinking that it's the one on the battery that they've looked at, as it has the red line on it which usually indicates it's been damp.

I think the issue is that when the repair centre want to get their money from the manufacturer for the repair that they must have to state that the damage indicators aren't activated. Therefore as soon as they see one that is the phone goes straight back to the customer as they aren't going to get paid to do anything with it.

This unfortunately is a pain for the customer as the issue they've noticed may not be anything to do with liquid at all, such as this one here where it seems it was squashed connectors.

Also, the activated indicator is on the battery, not the phone. Therefore I'd say it would be fair for them to not replace the battery, but to still work on the phone as it's water damage indicator is still completely white.

It's certainly interesting to have a peek inside a blackberry anyway Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

[ Edited ]
I'm thinking that it's the one on the battery that they've looked at, as it has the red line on it which usually indicates it's been damp.
I think the issue is that when the repair centre want to get their money from the manufacturer for the repair that they must have to state that the damage indicators aren't activated. Therefore as soon as they see one that is the phone goes straight back to the customer as they aren't going to get paid to do anything with it.
This unfortunately is a pain for the customer as the issue they've noticed may not be anything to do with liquid at all, such as this one here where it seems it was squashed connectors.
Also, the activated indicator is on the battery, not the phone. Therefore I'd say it would be fair for them to not replace the battery, but to still work on the phone as it's water damage indicator is still completely white.
It's certainly interesting to have a peek inside a blackberry anyway :smileyhappy:

The battery was never sent off with the phone, so it won't be that.

Also, the red stripe through it or xxx's in it is normal, my battery is indicating no moisture.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/ ... rry_Wet%3F

There is no moisture indicated in my phone, so, as I expected, the alleged, "liquid damage", rusty contacts et al, is just a total nonsense.

Like I said before I was once again moderated, O2 have written my phone off as water damaged when clearly it has not been. I am really disappointed that the Complaints Review have still not come back to me.
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

My Blackberry came from store with all the indicators having a red strip, it better not mean its water damaged. Smiley Very Happy

When it gets water damaged the red bleeds into the rest and turns it pink. There is at least 1 more under where the battery sits. I think I heard there were 3 in all but I might be making that bit up.
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

My Blackberry came from store with all the indicators having a red strip, it better not mean its water damaged. Smiley Very Happy
When it gets water damaged the red bleeds into the rest and turns it pink. There is at least 1 more under where the battery sits. I think I heard there were 3 in all but I might be making that bit up.

3 plus the battery is what I think I have found. If you look at the battery pic you will also see the little white square within the battery compartment on the phone. Also, I am sure the two under the earpiece grill are the same indicators as the battery compartment.

It is interesting to note that these indicators sit directly next to the lock and mute buttons, so beware.

The stripe in your battery is perfectly normal, so don't panic. If one of you indicators gets wet, it turns pink like you said.

I was, based on Anovo's blanket refusal to pop another speaker into my phone, expecting to see a pink square, like a beacon. But no, just like I had predicted, knowing my use of the phone, nothing at all!

I must post O2's letter to me, alongside the photos, it makes good reading. In fact, I am going to take a photo of it using my water damaged phone. :womanindifferent:......Done!
Anonymous

On my sixth working day

And still no reply from the Complaints Review Service.

Must be busy! Smiley Sad
Anonymous

Re: On my sixth working day

And still no reply from the Complaints Review Service.

Must be busy! Smiley Sad

Credit where credit is due, they contacted me on a Saturday morning.... I wasn't expecting that. And she was too nice to me...... I prefer the arrogant ones!

Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

What did they say?
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

What did they say?

Sorry, we will send you another Blackberry and credit your account with a goodwill gesture to cover your parts purchase. I didn't ask or demand anything, she just blurted it out. Left me sort of speechless.... a rarity, let me say, before anybody else does!!

The thing is, action like this tends to humble me.... but my anger is still with the engineer who, in my opinion, let O2 and myself down.

I will wait and see what arrives, but if she is as good as her word, which I don't doubt, then I can at least get it covered by my Lloyds Premier account phone insurance, however good that is.

I was too honest and told them that the other handset, had been declared water damaged, but I have found that honesty is always the best policy.

A good result for me, a good result for O2 as I will most likely not jump ship in search for a new handset, but Anovo comes out of it with their credibility damaged in my opinion. Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Agree with that last statement!!

Good job, glad everything turned out ok for you in the end.
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Agree with that last statement!!

Good job, glad everything turned out ok for you in the end.