Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Anovo Norwich

My advice would have been to escalate the complaint to the "complaint review service" before attempting any diy repair.

This has been done by iphone users in your situation and it has been sorted by the CRS
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

My advice would have been to escalate the complaint to the "complaint review service" before attempting any diy repair.
This has been done by iphone users in your situation and it has been sorted by the CRS

Sorted out? In what way?

Anovo Norwich

if you search the forum the answer is there "water damage"

People have had replacements some wrote to company sec but it would have been complaint review service

Just put the facts i.e. what the fault was and that it has not been in contact with water etc but just the facts in your complaint and what you want them to do to resolve it I.E. replacement handset.

Hope that is of help
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

I've suggested that already, it really is the best way to get a replacement or repaired handset.

Anovo Norwich

prking yes I saw in your first reply but thought I would reinforce it.
Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

Well....

Ten minutes after receiving my new speaker and tools, my phone was functioning again. It is an easy fix. I will post pics and a few pointers over the weekend when I have time, should anybody suffer the same problem. What is scary is how repair shops charge £33 and upwards for ten minutes work for a speaker that retails at £3.90.

Not suprisingly, there was no sign of water ingression or liquid damage and it was not obvious to me that the phone had actually been opened. There was dust in the case, that I cleaned, that would surely have been disturbed, had it been examined before.

I cannot find the internal moisture indicator so any feedback on where this is on the 8900 would be very much appreciated.

I contacted the Complaints Review team yesterday, writing at length, but have heard nothing from them. I am sure they are busy people if my experience is anything to go by.

Shame on Atilla, Anovo, and O2. :robotmad:
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Yea they take around 5 working days to reply, I think they took 6 working days for me when I complained once. Interesting find and slightly worrying they wouldn't perform a £3.90 fix..
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Nice one on fixing your phone. I can guess what o2 will say is once the water/moisture indicators were noticed. No work or investigations were done on the phone from that point. As checking the water/moisture indicators is one of the first thing that is checked.
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

Nice one on fixing your phone. I can guess what o2 will say is once the water/moisture indicators were noticed. No work or investigations were done on the phone from that point. As checking the water/moisture indicators is one of the first thing that is checked.

The only two water indicators I have found do NOT show water ingression. That said, I cannot find the third one, but will have another look tomorrow.

I certainly could not find any signs of rusted joints that the bog standard letter from o2 suggests is commonplace.

Even if I found an indicator suggesting high levels of humidity, there is nothing to say that the phone has any kind of damage relating to this moisture. This phone has operated meticulously, it certainly has no PCB damage.... it is just a cop out and one that needs exposing.

I spoke with an O2 shop staff member and she told me that Anovo returned her personal Blackberry, claiming that her LCD problem had been repaired. She turned her phone on to find the obvious problem had not been repaired and it required another resend to Anovo to be eventually fixed. She told me that the same thing happened to one of her customers.

I examined the original speaker and I am pretty sure of what the issue is with so many Blackberry speakers. The speaker contacts are two spring loaded, non soldered contacts that make contact with the top part of the case. I believe that the pressure exerted by the thumb, on the speaker, every time you pull it from the case, may eventually push the contacts back on the spring action.

I never thought to compare the contact heights between the new speaker and the original, in my eagerness to get the replacement fitted. I have since done so and there is a clear difference in height, the original being considerably lower and was most likely was not making contact with the case.

This is merely speculative, but Atilla may have fixed my phone, bearing in mind he is an expert, by simply prising my speaker contacts into a higher position. This suggestion pushes Anovo's actions further into the realms of ridiculous.

I will get some photos posted when I get a moment.
Anonymous

Anovo Norwich

I would dearly love somebody to indicate where the internal humidity indicators are please.

I think I am looking at two here.

And obviously the battery and battery compartment have them in this shot.

This letter, in my opinion, doesn't't describe my problem.... my problem was a simple pop out, pop in speaker issue that occurred when the phone was 9 months old. Grrrrrr

I will await the Complaints Review assessment on my simple £3.90 repair. Trouble is my phone has been deemed water damaged and my insurance company need to know whether it is or not before insuring it. Oh and my lack of warranty doesn't help matters.

:womanindifferent: