Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Split Port Victim - why aren't customer services made aware

MCSplit
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm another victim of the split port bug, where my number was ported over, I can make outbound calls and text, but can't recieve any text, and only calls from o2 numbers.

This is a real problem for me, as I need to use the SMS service to authenticate a number of accounts, and have to be able to recieve calls from nursery/school/work.

This is exactly the same issue as all these other users have had on previous threads

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=split+port

What is so frustating is that despite this being a relatively common issues, and with examples on those threads seemingly going back 10 years, no one had told customer services how to deal with it.

Repeated calls to CS only result in being told that 'the port has been successful', 'wait 24 hours', 'turn it off and on again' and 'you need a new sim card'.

I have of course done all of those including visit the store to get the new sim (which obviously didn't work).

Now I'm seeing threads where this goes on for days, weeks, months - not acceptable at all.

I don't blame customer service staff - but I don't understand why what appears to be common knowledge on the customer forum, is not shared with staff so they can deal with this properly.

Mentioning 'split port' doesn't help.

So if its not resolved today, I'm going to cancel and return the phone - I just hope I can get my old number 'back' from o2 but looks like that might not be possible.

Any o2 staff able to are welcome to contact me on here to help please.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23073 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@MCSplit I will tag @O2Lisa who will be on at 8 am. Hopefully she'll be able to assist you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 12

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Bambino.

So sorry to hear this @MCSplit, I'll message you privately and look in to this for you smiling

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

encoderX
  • 6 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi 🙃 I've had this problem, in past with other networks that's why I moved to o2 & luckily o2 ported-in correctly & my number works fully as normal again.

I got told by previous networks that you need an 'account refresh' by someone that knows what it means & that resolves a partial port-in 🤔 HTH anyone in future 😎
- - encoderX
https://encoderX.ml
Message 4 of 12

Twinmama2010
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please help. Im the same my messages are being received as a random number - however ringing is my number......  

Message 5 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

@Twinmama2010 

You need to go to Settings >Phone >My Number and edit it to your number.

Save and reboot phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Twinmama2010
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have samsung a51 . I do not have these settings... .

Message 7 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144341 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

It will be in your message settings @Twinmama2010 

Either under advanced or RCS.

It isn't a split port you have, just needs your number updating in the settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

alexedw
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had the same issue described here, going on for over a month now. Countless calls to customer services, new sim cards sent out, assurances that it will be sorted. hours and hours on the phone and still no working number. 
Same scenario, I can phone out, but since the failed/partial port I no one can phone me and I can't receive texts so can't login to so many other services. I keep phoning and starting again with the next cs person, who tries to help. but so frustrating. Terrible customer service and an awful experience with O2

Message 9 of 12

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35933 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

@alexedw wrote:

I have had the same issue described here, going on for over a month now. Countless calls to customer services, new sim cards sent out, assurances that it will be sorted. hours and hours on the phone and still no working number. 
Same scenario, I can phone out, but since the failed/partial port I no one can phone me and I can't receive texts so can't login to so many other services. I keep phoning and starting again with the next cs person, who tries to help. but so frustrating. Terrible customer service and an awful experience with O2

Assuming not something awry with your RCS settings as described above, the only thing I can think of is to enlist the help of a Forum Advisor, tagging @O2Sarah- who is on, and likely swamped, this morning 😉

Message 10 of 12