cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Refresh dissaster!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know who to call or where to go with this. 

You may remember that 6 months ago I bought 2 o2 refresh deals and as o2 tend to do, the flopped so badly that they took out over £1000 from my bank account after I paid for the phones. Later the executive team applied £144 credit on my other account to make up for the epic disaster.

Now you might have thought I and o2 had learnt from that but NO! I bought another o2 refresh deal last week in the o2 store as I thought at least these guys are from England and I can actually deal with them. Well I cancelled the line rental and paid £240 for the phone and now it looks like I have two extra lines as the sales person cancelled and made another line for me to be on a 30 day rolling contract. One line I will ba charged over £50 this month and the other line £21. I don't know what to do anymore, the feeling of betrayal and eagerness to leave o2 so desperately has been on my mind and this may just have pushed me to do that!

Any suggestions how I can contact someone who actually know what they are doing???

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
@Anonymous we cant follow your numbers. Can you double check, sounds like you may misunderstood or been misinformed
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 31 of 47

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Just go down the complaints route again and let them investigate for you. Anything wrong and they will undoubtably put things right. If it was advertised as you say then they will have to abide by it.

Message 32 of 47

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

HI @Anonymous,

Have you spoken to customer service yet? Sorry I've missed a post saying this?

Cheers 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 33 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

What numbers don't make sense? Or is that a joke coz of my user name lol

Message 34 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer services in India are a joke. They have no clue in most cases like this which deals with refresh. 

Message 35 of 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/o2-refresh-new-samsung-galaxy-s6-259-99-bnib-2359958 

The deal has ended but it was there mate. I bought it at the o2 shop myself. 

Message 36 of 47

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Sorry @Anonymous but your link just brings up an Error 404, so there's no way to corroborate your claim. You may very well have been there, but if I Google that phone, I don't see it for less than £336 sim free, and that's on a dubious Chinese site which is significantly more than what you say you paid. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 37 of 47

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

having done some research...the way it works is that you buy the phone as part of a refresh deal.

£19.99 up front for the phone, then £10 pm for the handset and £21 pm air time.

total paid for phone = £269.99

pay off the phone amount, cancel the air time and bingo - s6 for £269.99.

edited to add - the link did not work, but pasting it into google you can then view the page as cached (backed up) as it was previously. this may mean that the deal no longer works (possibly as o2 worked out it would cost them money...)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 40 of 47