cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Another) Question regarding getting refund back.

Alexandjef
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Quick questions - as I’ve seen some really conflicting information.

Got an iPad in March, asked for a £475 deposit which I paid and it stated I would get it back after 3 successful payments. Thought, OK that’s fine. However, after reading all the forums I was a little nervous as many said it was hard to do and a lot of people seemed to have problems getting the money back.

It’s 2 weeks until my 4th bill is due - but I’ve made 3 full payments on time. Figured I’d call up and just ask if I can have the money back. Was under the impression that the refund appears on my 4th bill - I then have to call and have it sent back to my bank account and that could take a while. However, after a 2 minute phone call I was assured everything was in order and the money would be back in my account by Thursday (4 working days from the call).

Is this likely to happened? Have they improved the process? Is the any insight from anyone that’s done the process that it really is this quick and easy?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You will see it on your 4 th bill. You don't see many posting udders that they haven't had the deposit paid back though you will have to ask for it to be paid back to your bank account I fear. This can take anything up to a month.

Message 2 of 6

Alexandjef
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah - that’s what I though, but my 4th bill hasn’t been produced yet - due in a couple of weeks time. But the CS operator said he could see I’ve already made 3 payments and he processed the refund that I will see back within a few days. I’m just wondering if this is too good to be true, as it’s unlike most things I’ve seen other post.
Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Ok , I think the adviser was telling you what you wanted to hear. Experience tells us otherwise I'm sad to say. Fingers crossed though. If you spoke to an actual person then who knows? If this was live chat then look through your window for the flying pigs!

Message 4 of 6

Alexandjef
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yeah, I spoke to an actual person. However - I just rang again to make sure everything was in order and the CS agent confirmed that the refund had been requested and would in-fact receive it in 5-10 days. I assume the first agent just calculated it from 5 days, that would make sense. It does seem to be the opposite to what I’ve read in the forums about how efficient the refund is - guess I’ll just have to keep an eye on my account and check when the money goes in.
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Alexandjef  

If you follow this guide regarding reward payments, you will also see any credits which will be applied to your next bill. 

If your deposit shows up there, you’ve definitely got it 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-do-I-know-my-Community-reward-has-been-applied/ba-p/...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6