Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Annoying alert on balance notification

Apologies if this has been aired before however is it my phone or O2 that provides the annoying sound following a text or call when balance is displayed? I called O2 tonight and they said it was my phone, they put me through to Samsung where i was dumped!
Anyone got an answer please?
Highlighted
Topics: 569
Solutions: 3,755

This is network controlled, ie.O2 not Samsung. Speak to customer service again and ask them to switch off balance notification. Hopefully this time you will get through to an adviser who won't transfer you to Samsung :womanindifferent:
Highlighted
Anonymous

This is network controlled, ie.O2 not Samsung. Speak to customer service again and ask them to switch off balance notification. Hopefully this time you will get through to an adviser who won't transfer you to Samsung :womanindifferent:

Actually, fenbear wasn't asking about turning off the balance notification. Fenbear was asking about turning off the sound that accompanies it. So O2 were correct to refer fenbear to the manual or Samsung.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Actually, fenbear wasn't asking about turning off the balance notification. Fenbear was asking about turning off the sound that accompanies it. So O2 were correct to refer fenbear to the manual or Samsung.

It may be the maker. Since I have a Sony ericsson w580i and it makes a noise with the notification. But when using the sim in a different se phone or a nokia it is silent.