cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Click and Collect

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just wondering if anyone else has experienced annoyance with the click and collect system for picking up their new phone. I upgraded yesterday evening (around 7pm on a Friday) over the phone and chose C & C from my local store. It's now late afternoon on the Saturday and still no message to say it's been dispatched. I rang the store just in case and they have the device (in the colour I want) in stock but I still have to wait for DPD to deliver mine which is still floating in the ether somewhere!
Really irritating as I want my new phone now. I can't understand why the phone operative last night didn't check stock at my chosen store and reserve the device for me to collect today!
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous Unfortunately O2 don't have a live stock ordering system and this causes all sorts of problems. You will have to wait until you receive a dispatch email to inform you the phone is on its way to the store. 

I doubt anything will happen now. If you have heard nothing by Monday give customer services a call to ask about the status of your order. They open at 8am and this is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Anonymous Unfortunately O2 don't have a live stock ordering system and this causes all sorts of problems. You will have to wait until you receive a dispatch email to inform you the phone is on its way to the store. 

I doubt anything will happen now. If you have heard nothing by Monday give customer services a call to ask about the status of your order. They open at 8am and this is the best time to call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re not the only one @Anonymous I suffered the same when I ordered online. Wasn’t till I came to the forums that I learned that the stock listed on the site is there for aesthetics only. I had to wait for to DPD to deliver mine to the store. Even then I didn’t get a message saying it had arrived!

btw make sure you take a bucket load of proof with you when you collect it. Some stores insist on proof of address, some photo id, and others just the reference number you receive in the email.

To be safe I’d ring up before venturing down to the store just to be safe!

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Just cancel your online order and go in store to get it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, folks! 😊
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

No problem @Anonymous Here's hoping you get it soon..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 144369 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Best of luck wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 8 of 10

Cheriec21
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I was just wondering how long it took you to get your phone and to receive a message from them please? I ordered mine on Monday 5th April, it's now Friday and I still haven't heard anything. I have phoned customer services about 5 times and eventually got the vague answer that there is an error with the click and collect system and they don't know when I'll get my phone. It also cannot be cancelled because it is stuck in provisioning? If I'd have known there was going to be problems I would have ordered it to my house, but with work it was easier to go to the store! (where they are in stock may I add but cannot match the same deal even if i was to get a new contract then cancel it when it turns up!)

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It's more than likely out of stock rather than a system issue. As you say, you can't cancel and you can only keep calling them. The store won't be able to help either with their own stock.

Message 10 of 10