cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying Calls / Texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm getting some calls / texts from someone I used to be good friends with and its getting to the point now where its 3 or 4 messages an hour and several calls a day - quite annoying but I'm beginning to go a bit crazy now.

I've heard O2 will change your number, once, for free if this is happening but how do I go about doing it - do I need to go into a store or ring customer services? Can the online chat people you speak to do it too?

Yes, I have thought about going to the police but they are not nasty calls, just nuisance I guess you would class them as.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I would not be sharing the number with anyone else other than family going forwards.

It's an iPhone though thanks for the Android suggestion too!

If your jail-broken their are tweaks that may help.

If not then its the Customer Service route. {Not Live Chat}

Hope all ends well,

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

just ring o2 customer services and it will be sorted 202 pay monthly 4445 payg 8002 on business

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have an android phone, and, they are using their mobile to call/text you, then you don't need to change your number.

Just add their number to the block-list within the phone app, and register their number as a SPAM number within the messaging app, and they will be filtered out without you seeing them.

I'm unfamiliar if there is an iPhone equivalent method.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes it pays to be cruel to be kind !

Tell this individual that you no longer want contact.

I assume you share friends so changing your number via Customer Services may be a waste of time as your new number may be mistakenly passed to this person again.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the replies, I would not be sharing the number with anyone else other than family going forwards.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

If your jail-broken their are tweaks that may help.

If not then its the Customer Service route. {Not Live Chat}

Hope all ends well,

Message 6 of 6