Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Annoyed with sales misrepresentation!

My old Sony Ericsson would record calls but it made a little beep noise on the line every few seconds to make the other person aware you were up to something.

If you're going to recored a conversation you need to tell the other person otherwise it breaks some sort of telephone rule/law.

I remember a couple of years ago when I worked for one of the banks that a lady who'd worked there since they introduced call centres / call recording said that initially they used to have a little beep on the line so customers were aware of the recording however it was soon agreed with the regulators or whoever that the 'calls may be monitored/recorded' message was more suitable so the beep was removed.

Personally I wouldn't want a customer recording me and may well refuse to carry on with the call, which I have a right to do. This is purely because they may put it on youtube etc etc. At least with a company you know nothing silly is going to be done with it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

My old Sony Ericsson would record calls but it made a little beep noise on the line every few seconds to make the other person aware you were up to something.
If you're going to recored a conversation you need to tell the other person otherwise it breaks some sort of telephone rule/law.
I remember a couple of years ago when I worked for one of the banks that a lady who'd worked there since they introduced call centres / call recording said that initially they used to have a little beep on the line so customers were aware of the recording however it was soon agreed with the regulators or whoever that the 'calls may be monitored/recorded' message was more suitable so the beep was removed.
Personally I wouldn't want a customer recording me and may well refuse to carry on with the call, which I have a right to do. This is purely because they may put it on youtube etc etc. At least with a company you know nothing silly is going to be done with it.

Yep, this software relies on the user to inform the third party of the recording. It works in the background and you don't realise that it is doing the business. Personally, I thought it was fantastic.

I can't understand why you would worry about being on youtube? Talking to the CS is not that exciting. I believe this would lead to a more professional customer service and it would serve to defend you against any allegations, providing the job was done properly.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Don't dispute the improvement in CS but you know what some people are like in an effort to get their side across. It'll end up being a remix on youtube and the comments section will be hilariously off-topic Smiley Very Happy
#

I think the point I am trying to make is that if somebody really wanted to make a an O2 sonnet, they could easily do it now, with anybody knowing. The software is out there and cheap.

It is no different from those that insist in inciting the Police then videoing their reaction with their phones. Providing the reaction is justified and correct, who cares?