Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Annoyed with sales misrepresentation!

. . . .
Whilst I understand what you have said and where you are coming from, the bottom line is they are making promises they have not intention of keeping or are unable to keep all in an attempt to keep customers, . . . . .

You can't possibly know what the person's intent was. You are guessing what their motive was, and then getting on your high horse about ethics.
For all you know, it was a simple mistake.
When you complain, you need to stick to facts. Adding extra inferences will not help your complaint at all.
Personally speaking I was sympathetic to your position until you started making unfounded accusations.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I can assure you if I want to stir the 'fecal matter' I wuld not be doing so on here as a measley attempt at getting my own way! :womanindifferent:
Whilst I understand what you have said and where you are coming from, the bottom line is they are making promises they have not intention of keeping or are unable to keep all in an attempt to keep customers, and believe it or not,I have ethics, and I do not appreciate being treated like this!
I have already followed this up with an official complaint - handset apart and my frstration and annoynace apart, they are acting unfairly and need to be taken to task over it and made answerable.
In point of fact, I will be leaving o2 becuase I am fed up of their mediocre customer service - you ring in three times, get three different operators and get three different versions of everything, and that surely shows what I mean!

Cellbar, my post was not directed at you in the slightest! I am disappointed in myself for not making that point clear in my post.

Quite the opposite, I was defending your position and the notion that you should complain as I described earlier in the thread.

I too will be leaving O2 because of their absolute ignorance, their failure to resolve easily resolvable issues and their incredible ability to make me feel so very unimportant whilst I was trying to thrust even more cash in their hands. I believe their idea of customer service is to pay lip service about how they value you as a customer, rather than take decisive action.

Having said all of this, I endeavour to keep it real and tend to jump all over WUMs and TALONs.

I wish you good luck.

Andy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'm simply trying to help you effectively complain. If you hang around here for a while you will find many people who have been helped by AF, sheepdog, perksie, wanty and others including myself.
Quite frankly, your approach to complaining is poor and not likely to get results.
As several of us have pointed out, you need to avoid supposition and accusation, stick to the facts, presented in clear chronological order and end by telling them what result you require.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I understand, see and apprecicate all of that - and I have complained, effectively, concisely and to the point, factually. I have not ranted, raved or demanded anything from anyone, and I do appreciate the assistance from AF - which I should have pointed out earlier - AF - many thanks for the info you provided, it has pointed me in the right direction (and got me told off for using a phone number that is not normally available to the public!) - but I was not deterred - in fact, the guy I spoke to was very helpful.

My complaint technique and dogged determination is unknown to you and to be honest, I do get results - though I am still out with the jury on this one. Whatever happens, as long as they take the complaint seriously and deal with it properly, that is all I ask. Just because I post on here with what you see as 'attitude' is not seeing the bigger picture - is that not the idea of forums sometimes - to allow a little let off of steam due to frustration and share with others who may have been through the same?

Anyway - we digress - though it has given me some entertainment for which I thank you!

Where is the supposition and the accusation? Apart from the FACT that they made promises and failed to adhere to them. Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

When did you do your original upgrade? (for the first one I mean) Did you ask how long the deal would be on for?

AF, I have one word for you - outsourcing.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I understand, see and apprecicate all of that - and I have complained, effectively, concisely and to the point, factually. I have not ranted, raved or demanded anything from anyone, and I do appreciate the assistance from AF - which I should have pointed out earlier - AF - many thanks for the info you provided, it has pointed me in the right direction (and got me told off for using a phone number that is not normally available to the public!) - but I was not deterred - in fact, the guy I spoke to was very helpful.
My complaint technique and dogged determination is unknown to you and to be honest, I do get results - though I am still out with the jury on this one. Whatever happens, as long as they take the complaint seriously and deal with it properly, that is all I ask. Just because I post on here with what you see as 'attitude' is not seeing the bigger picture - is that not the idea of forums sometimes - to allow a little let off of steam due to frustration and share with others who may have been through the same?
Anyway - we digress - though it has given me some entertainment for which I thank you!
Where is the supposition and the accusation? Apart from the FACT that they made promises and failed to adhere to them. Smiley Wink

This makes me feel warm inside. If they don't want the public to get the number, they ought to stop giving it out! You should have told them I gave it to you. If you are ever asked again, I will PM you my name.... I even know where they work out of, despite it being a PO Box. It pays to be in the know! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'll have one final go, in simple terms.
FACT : You were told an offer would be available, however when you tried to take advantage of it you were denied.
SUPPOSITION : This was a deliberate lie.
ACCUSATION : This lie was made so as to dishonestly obtain custom.

The important point is the fact, why you were made the offer is irrelevant to your complaint. At best it will be a distraction and at worst could backfire.
I suspect, though, that you are more interested in scoring points and making a stink than getting what you were promised. SEE; I can over-egg the situation too!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I'll have one final go, in simple terms.
FACT : You were told an offer would be available, however when you tried to take advantage of it you were denied.
SUPPOSITION : This was a deliberate lie.
ACCUSATION : This lie was made so as to dishonestly obtain custom.
The important point is the fact, why you were made the offer is irrelevant to your complaint. At best it will be a distraction and at worst could backfire.
I suspect, though, that you are more interested in scoring points and making a stink than getting what you were promised. SEE; I can over-egg the situation too!

I personally wouldn't use the word lie, but if I was asked whether the complete truth may, on occasion, be witheld, I have no doubt.

I really think it is time all calls into the call centres are recorded. Wouldn't it be good if you were offered a recording of the call to be sent by the system to your nominated email address. Then there would be no need to invest in storage.
Highlighted
Anonymous

That's an excellent idea.
We see many threads on here (not this one) where there is a strong suspicion that one party or the other has misunderstood.
It wouldn't help with this problem though, because the issue is no longer about what was said, rather why it was said.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Agree, perhaps they should enhance the online accounts to store telephone query recordings rather than waste time sending out files.
However, this is where it does start to break into legalities. Once released, there is nothing to stop the customer releasing the conversation to the public and that could be very dangerous ground under the data protection act on all parties involved.

I cannot see that the customer releasing his/her own voice recording would breach any data protection issues. O2 doing it, is a different story.

Obviously, to comply with the law, O2 would have to tell you that they are recording every call and that you will be asked at the end if you required a copy of the recording. If the system was to prompt staff to ask the customer whether they required a copy, a simple click on accept/decline wouldn't be a huge drain on time. The system would do the rest.

The only problem I see is with the designated email address and whether it is current. There could be DPA problems with this.

Enhancing the online accounts is a great idea but then you have storage issues. There again, normally, a call to CS is a fairly rare occurrence.

I reckon it would save time, save money and prevent deception. I am sure a lot of time is wasted with the modern professional complainer that is prepared to play one CS off the other. It would also help get rid of sub-standard staff, identify training needs and to evidence system issues.

I used to run a fantastic app called mVoice on my Palm Treo (gawd, I had them too... sim free originals). By law I should have told people that I was recording the call or more accurately, the app was recording the call automatically. Once transfered onto the PC, the quality of the sound file was simply amazing.

It won't happen, but we can only suggest.